AKG K702 Serial Number
Jul 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AKHEMA

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi all.  I recently purchased a new AKG K702 on Amazon from a 3rd party seller.  After opening the box, I noticed that the serial number above the left earpad on the headband does not match the serial number on the box (on a pink sticker).  To be exact, the serial number on the headphone has 5 digits while the serial number on the box has 8 digits.  The 5 digits on the headphone almost match (off by 1 digit) the last 5 of the 8 digits on the box and hence my suspicion.  I am concerned that I might have purchased a fake AKG and/or an used headphone sold as new.  I would appreciate if anyone could tell me whether their serial numbers match or not.  Thanks.[/size]

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think AKG honors the warranty if the headphones were purchased through a 3rd party seller on amazon...your best bet is to buy them from J&R in NYC...Luckily, they have the K702s now...they used to have K701, but I don't know if they do anymore.

J&R should be an authorized seller. I've purchased a lot of items from J&R, a very trusted seller in my opinion...You can't go wrong with J&R or any of their over the phone prices
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 4
I bought a K702 and found two stickers.
One is pink, on bottom of the box and some numbers on it writtten with pencil.
Another one is on back of the box.
The color is white with a bar code and the serial number which is same number on the headphone in the box.

My serial number is the 5 digits; 095XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back