AKG K702 65 Anniversary Edition vs AKG K712
Jul 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

spikes

New Head-Fier
Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me if the AKG K712 is a recoloured version of the AKG K702 Annie? I was really interested in the Annie because of Mad Lust Envy's Headphone guide, but the Annie is extremely expensive in germany (569,00 € on amazon o.O).
I will be mostly useing it for gaming and some music (xonar essence stx soundcard).

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 34
The K712 are pretty new and i haven't heard any reviews on them.

Why don't you order them from amazon, they're much cheaper. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 34
On amazon.de (german amazon) the annie is 559,96 € (roughly 722,46 $) and the K712 is sold for 449 € (579,30 $)
So I was thinking to jsut settle for the k712 since it is said to be very much like (if not the same) as the annie but i could save 110 € (141 $)

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 34
Most likely the k712 is the exact same as the annie.

Jul 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #5 of 34
What about difference in playing Metal ?
Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Metallica...
The last albums have good quality sound.

I am interrested about sound stage space and speedy bass interpretation.

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 34
i am also interested to find out more details about this.

i am having a hard time deciding over what akg to buy (k702 vs q701)... so i said why not go crazy and look into a k712

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:
i am also interested to find out more details about this.

i am having a hard time deciding over what akg to buy (k702 vs q701)... so i said why not go crazy and look into a k712

This information is harder to come by than where is Jimmy Hoffa buried!  Basically no one knows.  I have several people at AKG trying to find info and THEY DON'T KNOW no one can even answer the question "+3db of bass over what?" 

It's an Orange Annie until someone can prove otherwise....

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 34
Latest update is that someone from AKG has confirmed a different "capsule", which is apparently what they call the drive units.  This is hear-say at this point, but I believe it until i am told by AKG otherwise.  No one over at AKG seems to know what's up with this new product.

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:
Latest update is that someone from AKG has confirmed a different "capsule", which is apparently what they call the drive units.  This is hear-say at this point, but I believe it until i am told by AKG otherwise.  No one over at AKG seems to know what's up with this new product.

I thought the capsule was the housing not the driver...

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #11 of 34
Well, a search on Google for an AKG capsule brings up microphone info, but the capsules appear to be the business end of the microphone that houses the transducer, not the case the microphone is in, so if that's any indication....

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 34
Found this in another thread:

"Dear Rafael,
I suggest you use this answer to Eric’s question, and maybe push him a little towards the K712Pro J

“Often it’s the attention to details and extras that make an already good product even better. It’s not a secret that the K712Pro is based on our successful model the K702. Construction and acoustics of the K702 have been the base of operations. Notwithstanding we managed to launch a slightly improved capsule with the K712Pro. The driver is boasting even less tolerances and in combination with improved acoustic materials a better low end performance than the K702 is achieved. The K702 anniversary was acoustically already a step in this direction. But this was an anniversary product only available in a strictly limited quantity, with only few products left in the market.”

Cheers,
Martina

MARTINA AUER
Sales Assistant, PRO Division
AKG Acoustics GmbH"

Aug 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:
Hey I was wondering if someone could tell me if the AKG K712 is a recoloured version of the AKG K702 Annie? I was really interested in the Annie because of Mad Lust Envy's Headphone guide, but the Annie is extremely expensive in Germany (569,00 € on amazon o.O).
I will be mostly using it for gaming and some music (Xonar Essence STX sound card).

Why not just settle for a Q-701, price range is 177 to 255 Euros (Thomann)?

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #14 of 34
On the back of the driver housing there is a round hole covered with a smalle piece of tape (the k70x driver is actually a closed design). If you rip the tape off, you get more bass. So, you can probably guess what I'm thinking...

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:
Found this in another thread:

"Dear Rafael,
I suggest you use this answer to Eric’s question, and maybe push him a little towards the K712Pro J

“Often it’s the attention to details and extras that make an already good product even better. It’s not a secret that the K712Pro is based on our successful model the K702. Construction and acoustics of the K702 have been the base of operations. Notwithstanding we managed to launch a slightly improved capsule with the K712Pro. The driver is boasting even less tolerances and in combination with improved acoustic materials a better low end performance than the K702 is achieved. The K702 anniversary was acoustically already a step in this direction. But this was an anniversary product only available in a strictly limited quantity, with only few products left in the market.”

Cheers,
Martina

MARTINA AUER
Sales Assistant, PRO Division
AKG Acoustics GmbH"

Finally, AKG k712 is just an anniversary product of K702 with better material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back