AKG K701 - What's your serial number
Jun 4, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #272 of 349

Quote:
Hi,
can someone tell me if serial number on headphones and their box should be the same?

Mine has the same number on the box as the 'phones.

Incidentally, mine are S/N 22819. I bought them used through eBay for peanuts due to damage a few months back. They only had a disconnected wire from one of the drivers.

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #277 of 349

SN: 10461 (same on both box and cans)

Purchased on FS forums and received earlier this month. 

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #279 of 349
I have 7945 in the left side, got them secondhand from a cool dude on CL.  Love them.  Does the serial number have any significance? I am guessing the higher the number means they were made more recently and vice versa.

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #281 of 349
S#: 3233
Found them on eBay almost a year ago.  Third owner, needs little more fixing up but still sounds amazing.  They are my favorite pair that I currently own, but they are not my all time favorite headphones... [K240M, Man I love me some old school AKGs ;D]  

@GOLDENZEAL  Not that I know of.  I think it's safe to assume that the higher the number is the newer it is (seems logical).  You found a nice pair of headphones on craigslist?  I never find anything on craigslist, or Kijiji... well that's not true there was the K340's for $50 I was too slow to act on. [Kijiji]  Just hope some local audiophile picked it up.  Did you get them for a reasonable price?

Dec 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #282 of 349
@TheKisho, thanks.  I think I have gotten all of my headphones/earphones from CL for great deals, they pop up every once in awhile.  I got the K701 for $80!  I was shocked when I searched and saw them posted for that price so I called and was shocked they were still available.  The guy selling them was such a nice guy and actually held them for me about an hour until I picked them up.  He was an audiophile as well, he had burned them in and everything.  I also think I got my HD580's for about $100 on CL, my HD650 for $200 on CL, and when I had the SE530, I got them for $200 on CL, and I got some Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10's for $25!!.  I feel CL has much better prices than Ebay but you have to wait for the right deal and like you said, you have to have some luck and act fast, I've missed some other great deals by thinking about it too much.  Also there's not buyer protection so you have to try everything out, someone sold me a broken 80gb Ipod once, I was so mad lol, you win some, you lose some.

Dec 13, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #283 of 349
@GOLDENZEAL !!!!! And the K701's where in nice condition? I paid a tad bit more for mine on eBay and I had a few things to fix up on it.  You even managed to nab a HD580 for $20 less then I found here on the forums [Both prices are well worth it].  Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10's for $25!!!!!!  I don't know much about those, just that's a great price.  Did they not know what they had?

Well there is always the chance of getting broken or damaged goods on CL or Kijiji but normally the people on there are pretty honest for the most part.  I've had good luck for everything I got off Kijiji so far, the only thing damaged I got was a cracked screen on an iBook but I knew that when I bought it (couldn't beat the price, still was worth it to fix it).  The thing I need to find is a method that will email me or somehow notify me when an item I'm looking for is listed on CL and Kijiji; Something similar to eBay's saved searches.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #284 of 349
Yes everything was in good working condition, I just cleaned them up a bit and now they look almost new except for the pads which show signs of use.  The Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10 are such great sounding IEM's, they sound alot like K701, unfortunately the fit is horrible therefore I got rid of them.  I got them from a woman, I have NO idea what her situation was but I gave her the $25 and walked away as fast as I could lol.  I also wish there was a way on CL to be notified once something you searched for gets posted, CL never upgrades their website at all.  Now I am looking for a good amp that can power both the HD650 and the AKG K701, I am looking into the Fii0 e7 and e9, sounds good from what i've heard around here so far.

Quote:
@GOLDENZEAL !!!!! And the K701's where in nice condition? I paid a tad bit more for mine on eBay and I had a few things to fix up on it.  You even managed to nab a HD580 for $20 less then I found here on the forums [Both prices are well worth it].  Ultimate Ears Triple Fi.10's for $25!!!!!!  I don't know much about those, just that's a great price.  Did they not know what they had?

Well there is always the chance of getting broken or damaged goods on CL or Kijiji but normally the people on there are pretty honest for the most part.  I've had good luck for everything I got off Kijiji so far, the only thing damaged I got was a cracked screen on an iBook but I knew that when I bought it (couldn't beat the price, still was worth it to fix it).  The thing I need to find is a method that will email me or somehow notify me when an item I'm looking for is listed on CL and Kijiji; Something similar to eBay's saved searches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back