AKG K701. So good, I sold my DX1000's
Mar 27, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #32 of 34
The funniest moment I had with my re-cabled 701's was listening to a Chesky jazz CD, where the mics are placed where the listener sits during recording. I had the volume up a bit and a background sound made me think someone had walked in my front door!

I get the feeling most of the things people complain about regarding the 701's are really issues with amps and sources. It's rather like buying excellent speakers and wondering why they sound like crap when the amp and cd player aren't good. Beyond that, the very long burn-in time cases some people to be put off.

The 501's and 601's, which I auditioned before I bought my re-cabled 701's are definitely very underrated here. I thought that the 601's with a tube amp were spot-on.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the trade, I swapped a member in canada for a pair of AD2000 + some cash. I cannot wait to hear them, as some say they are the k701 only better in every way.

Oops, sorry bout that
redface.gif
. Just read this thread and now know you've not received the ad2000's yet, however I've already sent a PM off, a little bit earlier, to ya asking how the ad2000 sounds with the Bada PH-12.

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops, sorry bout that
redface.gif
. Just read this thread and now know you've not received the ad2000's yet, however I've already sent a PM off, a little bit earlier, to ya asking how the ad2000 sounds with the Bada PH-12.

No problem, because I just replied to the PM, and realized that you just posted in this thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back