AKG K701 pads dirty-how to clean
Sep 14, 2007 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Icenine2

Headphoneus Supremus
Forgive me for this anal post. I have AKG K701's and I when putting them on the other day I noticed the pad looks dirty where the temples from my glasses hit them. Is there any way to clean these? If not obviously not even a minor deal here but wondering. Thanks

Keith
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 8
Washing machine. Delicate cycle. Maybe a touch of fabric softener.

Let 'em air dry, though.

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Washing machine. Delicate cycle. Maybe a touch of fabric softener.

Let 'em air dry, though.

cool thanks, after a year of use even though they don't look that bad it'd make me feel better if i could clean them
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that doesn't work, you can always buy a new pair of pads from aloaudio or a similar authorized dealer. =)

know any others besides ALO? i'm keen on some K701 pads for my K501s and AKG international or their AU distributors haven't got back to me =\

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 8
I always use and highly recommend hand washing in Woolite. Woolite is very gentle and washing by hand ensures you treat your pads with care. Rinse thoroughly and - here's an important part - let air dry in an ideally dry and breezy environment.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #6 of 8
All good advice, thank you 
smily_headphones1.gif

Washing fairly regularly will also stop them rotting away... its amazing how acidic human skin and hair secretions can be  
blink.gif

Best

James

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #7 of 8
I really love the look of the Beyer Gray Velour pads, can i simply bleach my K701 pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back