AKG K551 out soon.
Sep 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #46 of 119
confused.gif

Quote:

Philips had the SHP8000, an older headphone if I am correct. It's a nice headphone by the way...

And this would be relevant how?

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #49 of 119
Quote:
It looks exactly the same (or VERY closely related to) as the K550/1

biggrin.gif
  LOL!  That's what it was?  You da man Bri, but respectfully I must disagree.  Still, thanks for the clue-in!

Sep 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #51 of 119
Quote:
Is it difficult to reduce the cable length of the k550 to 1.2m without damaging the headphones?

If your competent with a soldering iron, should be a simple task. Just open the headphones, pull the wire in till it's the desired length. Cut and solder. Then screw it all back together. This way you get to keep the 3.5mm plug at the bottom.

Quote:

biggrin.gif
  LOL!  That's what it was?  You da man Bri, but respectfully I must disagree.  Still, thanks for the clue-in!

Well IMO it looks pretty similar, but that's just me. Akg did make some design improvements however.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #52 of 119
Quote:
Well IMO it looks pretty similar, but that's just me. Akg did make some design improvements however.

For me, it's a function of my years spent as a graphic designer.  Spotting small subtleties (or changes in a shape's lines) becomes a matter of habit.  But if you ever get bored you can try this as an exercise:

1.  Using one continuous line, draw out what the K551 looks like as accurately as possible - in the sense that if you were to show someone else who knew what the K551 looks like, they would recognize it instantly.

2.  Do the same with the Philips.

3.  Compare the drawings.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #54 of 119
A few seconds after someone throws them out the window of a 30 storey building..
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #58 of 119
Quote:
AKG PR said I won't be getting these. I'm small time.
smily_headphones1.gif
I need 100,000 subs before they will consider me. I will have to buy one.

Very well AKG, if THAT's the game you want to play...  then so be it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back