AKG K518 DJ or...?
Jan 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

opendore

New Head-Fier
Hi to all, this is my first post.
I have iphone 4 and I would like to buy headphones...
Recently I have try AKG K518DJ and I find that the sound for me is good...but I prefer to buy a good headphones (my budget is about 150 euro).
I like a strong bass (like AKG K518) but balanced....In Italy is very difficult try headphones....
What brand of headphone do you suggest me ?? AKG....sennheiser....sony...philips or....????

Thanks in advace!

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 64
Audio technica m50 is balanced and has good bass. Go with that.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 64
i would go with the K518 DJ, had them for nearly a year and they are excellent.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 64

Quote:
m50 are comfortable?
...and about sennheiser???? What is the model with good bass like akg 518 dj that cost about 150 euro ?

I find the m50 plenty comfortable

I agree with the sennheiser hd 25 1 ii recommendation but i don't know if you can get them for $150. If you can it's highly recommended.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 64
150 euro not USD. But if you dont want to spend that much i still say the K518 is very good value for money, and a good entry level can.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 64
Dang i missed the euro part. Then ya definitely get the sennheiser hd 25 1 ii.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #11 of 64
if you take the foam inserts out, even better, enveils the highs.
Mine have been recabled, have velour pads and blu tak mod. Very happy with them, and use them most days.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #12 of 64

Quote:
if you take the foam inserts out, even better, enveils the highs.
Mine have been recabled, have velour pads and blu tak mod. Very happy with them, and use them most days.

I don't mean to offend, but seeing how you're the TS of the K518 appreciation thread and probably haven't heard a lot of "better" headphones yet, you have to understand that constantly recommending the K518 to everyone and their mother isn't very constructive. 
wink_face.gif
 Especially in this case since the TS of this thread is looking for an UPGRADE from the K518. He already heard the K518 and wants something better. 
regular_smile .gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #13 of 64
well i have tested the HD25-1 II quite extensively, and it is an upgrade that is why i suggested it in the first place, if you did not see my first suggestion was the sennheisers. I would love to upgrade to them one day. I was just saying from a budget point of view. I didnt mean to sound like the k518 is the be all and end all, they are good for the price, i'll leave it at that.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #14 of 64

Quote:

I don't mean to offend, but seeing how you're the TS of the K518 appreciation thread and probably haven't heard a lot of "better" headphones yet, you have to understand that constantly recommending the K518 to everyone and their mother isn't very constructive. 
wink_face.gif
 Especially in this case since the TS of this thread is looking for an UPGRADE from the K518. He already heard the K518 and wants something better. 
regular_smile%20.gif

The HD25-1 II would be a good upgrade, but not if you're after a upgrade that involves a bass response. Going straight from memory, I'd say that the K518 packs bigger guns in the bass area. I would call them balanced, yes, but if looking for bass the HD25-1 II will disappoint.

The M50 suggestion is a better one in this case IMO - depending on how big "portable cans" can get.

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #15 of 64
But M50 are equiparable to HD25-1 in all fields?

Quote:
The HD25-1 II would be a good upgrade, but not if you're after a upgrade that involves a bass response. Going straight from memory, I'd say that the K518 packs bigger guns in the bass area. I would call them balanced, yes, but if looking for bass the HD25-1 II will disappoint.

The M50 suggestion is a better one in this case IMO - depending on how big "portable cans" can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back