AKG K518 DJ or...?
Jan 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #46 of 64

Quote:
$70 is a bit steep for the K518DJ in my opinion. I paid $45 for mine. 

^ I also picked up my AKG K518 LEs for 45. 

Quote:
Is there a difference between the 518 le and 518 dj? I can pick up a pair of 518le tomorrow for $70.

If you pick them up, please review them. 

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #48 of 64

Quote:

I don't mean to offend, but seeing how you're the TS of the K518 appreciation thread and probably haven't heard a lot of "better" headphones yet, you have to understand that constantly recommending the K518 to everyone and their mother isn't very constructive. 
wink_face.gif
 Especially in this case since the TS of this thread is looking for an UPGRADE from the K518. He already heard the K518 and wants something better. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Didn't respond to something on this yet.. The post title is K518 DJ or. One of the OP post says "Recently I have try AKG K518DJ and I find that the sound for me is good... but I prefer to buy a good headphone"

This implies to me that one; he tried and did no own the 518s, second, that one of his options are the 518s. He then states he wants good headphones... he doesn't take the 518 out the table. IMO he is asking the head fi community if 518s are good and/or what better options he has for his budget. I(and other comments) answered one question, they are good... others can answer the second part, what other options...

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #49 of 64
Jan 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #50 of 64
well please review if you get them. Also if your skeptical about burn in, give them a listen, then leave to burn-in then go back. Give them about 60-100 hours, these do change.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #51 of 64
You are right, probably was better if I wrote UPGRADE instead of OR......
My test during about 10 days with 518, and I search an upgrade of 518 that have the same or better sound bass....
At the moment with your suggest the model that are in list are sennheiser HD 25-1 II and Audio Techinca M50.....
The big problem is that in my town it's very difficult find and try those models....

Quote:

Didn't respond to something on this yet.. The post title is K518 DJ or. One of the OP post says "Recently I have try AKG K518DJ and I find that the sound for me is good... but I prefer to buy a good headphone"

This implies to me that one; he tried and did no own the 518s, second, that one of his options are the 518s. He then states he wants good headphones... he doesn't take the 518 out the table. IMO he is asking the head fi community if 518s are good and/or what better options he has for his budget. I(and other comments) answered one question, they are good... others can answer the second part, what other options...

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #52 of 64
OK What did I just buy?

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #53 of 64

Quote:
If i have to buy online i'll pay the extra $20 at best buy.

Why is this? Support for local retailers?

Quote:
You are right, probably was better if I wrote UPGRADE instead of OR......
My test during about 10 days with 518, and I search an upgrade of 518 that have the same or better sound bass....
At the moment with your suggest the model that are in list are sennheiser HD 25-1 II and Audio Techinca M50.....
The big problem is that in my town it's very difficult find and try those models....

I see, thanks for clarification. I also enjoy the bass reproduction of the 518s. I know what you mean about availability of headphones.. I wish I could go to a store near me and try some out myself.

Quote:
OK What did I just buy?

What? lol. Did you not like them that much... was the box filled with a picture of the headphones(ebay... cough)... more detail would help. I see you added the K518 to your headphone own list, are they keepers or what?

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #54 of 64

Quote:
Why is this? Support for local retailers?

I see, thanks for clarification. I also enjoy the bass reproduction of the 518s. I know what you mean about availability of headphones.. I wish I could go to a store near me and try some out myself.

What? lol. Did you not like them that much... was the box filled with a picture of the headphones(ebay... cough)... more detail would help. I see you added the K518 to your headphone own list, are they keepers or what?

They aren't terrible. In fact they are quite good for what i paid. But considering you guys were comparing them to the m50s and hd 25 i was expecting more.

Jan 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #55 of 64

Quote:
They aren't terrible. In fact they are quite good for what i paid. But considering you guys were comparing them to the m50s and hd 25 i was expecting more.

I was comparing them to Ultrasone DJ1 Pros... now your making me want to try HD 25 i's lol.
In comparison to the DJ1 Pros... the price difference is silly.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #56 of 64
i didnt compare them to HD25, i just said they are good for the price and that the HD25 are more balanced and refined with better top end. I never said they were giant killers. Let them burn in, take out the foam inserts and then give us impressions.

Regards :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #57 of 64

Quote:
i didnt compare them to HD25, i just said they are good for the price and that the HD25 are more balanced and refined with better top end. I never said they were giant killers. Let them burn in, take out the foam inserts and then give us impressions.
Regards
smily_headphones1.gif

They're keepers but they're no m50s.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #58 of 64

Quote:
Regards
smily_headphones1.gif

Where did you buy your pair(DJ version) for 45 Rkid? How long have you had them for... have you had any problems with the cable?

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #59 of 64
i got mine in the UK, my grandparents paid half, the were £40, and i recabled them, so i dont have the stock cable, which was quite thin.
I put the stock cable on my friends sony MDR-V100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back