AKG K450 vs AKG 518DJ vs Audio Technica ES7 vs Klipsch Image One
Feb 25, 2011 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dailysmoker

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to tech-house deep-house ,rap and reggea so which one is best suited for me.....greetings tim
beyersmile.png

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 5
I've got the ES7s and they are great cans for tech-house, they do mid-bass really nicely, slightly rolled off but forward highs sound great for anything housey; for rap and raggae you might find that they don't really have the full punch to carry off the low-low end. In terms of other factors they are quite uncomfortable, and hardly isolate, but they look absolutely beautiful :). So there are your pros and cons for the ES7.

I've heard the K81 briefly, they seemed to isolate better and I remember the bass being boomier, which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you are after.

Not heard the others, but there's not a huge love for most low end AKGs on head-fi; klipsch I have no idea, but I know they do bassy loudspeakers :D.

Feb 25, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 5
thx man and that is the problem with most cans they all have something once i finally have chosen my new cans i read negative things about it and start doubting again.
That the es7 are so uncomforable is a big suck out and makes me not want them the klipsch seem to have to much bass (tho i love a good bass and after burn in it becomes better so it's still a option) and if i  go with the akg which one is good for me and the best...?

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah, that's the thing though, no one pair of headphones is going to do EVERYTHING you want it to do (then we would have the perfect pair of headphones and nobody would bother making any other types), it's about compromise and what you can afford. If you can't audition cans then you are going to have to take the plunge at some point, you should remember as well that whatever people write on head-fi are just one persons opinion, it's all totally subjective. All I can say is good luck looking for the right pair for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back