AKG K340 fit issues. Anyone have a fix?
Sep 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 36
hey i was just looking at your k340 pictures... do you have a k340 without akg written on the headband, and that has the lp sextett style baffles? i have never seen that before, also where is the pic of the k140,141,240,and 340 in a row?

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #18 of 36

I took the covers off mine to see the elastics and no matter how hard I try I cannot get them to go back on the way they were before. One swivels more than the other now. But, I can manage as they still fit fine. How about trying that to see what you do to adjust the swivel? I don't know if that is intended or not, probably not!

Weird I'm not sure how I missed this post. I wish I had tried this on my second pair before I sold them. I'm scared to touch the nos pair. But I guess I should if it makes them more usable. Is there a guide on here or any pictures of replacing the elastics? Pistolsnipe, do you have any thoughts on prog rock's post?

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #19 of 36
yeah, they aren't hard to get off/on, you unscrew the screw right above the k340 badge, then you wiggle them downwards while lifting the top up. they slide right off. to put them back, you just reverse. there is a little rectangle in the badge part that the headphone part has to slide into, which is probably what he missed.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #26 of 36
Mine have AKG in silver on the band. I was going to change the elastics, but I cannot unscrew the top part where the headband ends go into. I am sure that the lower parts are fitted properly because of the fit of the panel. One swivels a bit more than the other.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #28 of 36
I think I've come up with something that helps a little.  Its a partial phat pads mod which appears to be popular on various AT 'phones.  I took a mini size glue stick (~1/4" wide) and stuck it up underneath the bottom rear section of the pad which makes contact behind and below the ear.

I also tried a full phat pad treatment, but found it didn't help as much.  Your results may vary though.  Three mini glue sticks bent into circle are incidentally, the perfect diameter, and fit in and fill the necessary space without any cutting.

They also stay put quite nicely.  Body heat is enough to make them slightly sticky, but it takes a few hundred degrees for them to completely melt.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #29 of 36
ohhh ok for a second I thought you were talking about elmer's glue sticks- the kind kids use a lot.  That would be a sticky mess. 

did you try the door insulation self-adhesive foam strips I mentioned?  It works great as well.  I could use more width actually, but the pad is barely holding onto the lip of the baffle as is. 

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #30 of 36

Quote:
after you unscrew the screw in the back, the top part that connects to the headband should just fall apart, what issue are you having?

They are in so tightly I have started to damage the screw heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back