AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone
Jun 13, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #2,956 of 4,058
How do I know these are new?

The box is sealed. 
basshead.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,957 of 4,058
The unboxing experience for the K3K is really, really nice. My favorites were the K3K, SE846 and the LAB I for its sheer kookiness 

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,958 of 4,058
  How do I know these are new?

The box is sealed. 
basshead.gif

you got them already ? wow.

if the box is sealed, doesn't it mean that they are new ? i would be worried if they came without a warranty

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #2,959 of 4,058

you got them already ? wow.

if the box is sealed, doesn't it mean that they are new ? i would be worried if they came without a warranty

My sarcasm didn't translate well my friend - They are and new as they come and I'm thrilled to have them....
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #2,960 of 4,058
Hi all,
I'm newbie in here, owned K3003i for couple of month, first demo listening was very impressed. Then i try to get a used one in local forum, since its too expensive for me to get a brand new. Finally i got it, s/n 2039, a bit pride coz its still 'made in austria' :D. I use IPhone 4S as a source, no added amp. First week was ear adapting, coz i found somewhat like the 'bass' isn't sound right to my ear.....dunno why, maybe coz i use IE8 for years before, but later i found my ear fit the K3003 sound signature.

Some K3003 advantage to share:
- The best Comfort; have a port for pressure release is the main reason, not making a vacuum/pressure to eardrum when plug/unplug/fitting, safety indeed.
- The best for Low Volume Listening, this IEM is truly high dynamic, the best i've heard, since i'm a low volume listener.
- The best Transparent (imho), i've try another TOTL IEM such as Parterre, TG334, MH335DW, JH13, JH16FP, Roxanne, but dunno....to my ear, i still found K3003 more transparent, especially with treble boost filter, its very special, highly transparent, yet smooth (with good recording off course), no mercy for bad recording :))

Never regret to have this audio gem :)

Chr1z

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #2,961 of 4,058
  Hi all,
I'm newbie in here, owned K3003i for couple of month, first demo listening was very impressed. Then i try to get a used one in local forum, since its too expensive for me to get a brand new. Finally i got it, s/n 2039, a bit pride coz its still 'made in austria' :D. I use IPhone 4S as a source, no added amp. First week was ear adapting, coz i found somewhat like the 'bass' isn't sound right to my ear.....dunno why, maybe coz i use IE8 for years before, but later i found my ear fit the K3003 sound signature.

- The best Comfort; have a port for pressure release is the main reason, not making a vacuum/pressure to eardrum when plug/unplug/fitting, safety indeed.
- The best for Low Volume Listening, this IEM is truly high dynamic, the best i've heard, since i'm a low volume listener.
- The best Transparent (imho), i've try another TOTL IEM such as Parterre, TG334, MH335DW, JH13, JH16FP, Roxanne, but dunno....to my ear, i still found K3003 more transparent, especially with treble boost filter, its very special, highly transparent, yet smooth (with good recording off course), no mercy for bad recording :))

Chr1z

nice...treble boost filter I did try. Time to test other two filters

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #2,962 of 4,058

Hi all,

Chr1z

nice...treble boost filter I did not try. Time to test other two filters

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,963 of 4,058
I wouldn't call the white filter 'transparent', the treble is boosted a lot, but since they are somehow non-aggressive they are not piercing your ears. It's a characteristic of these IEMs to have these boosted highs that sound somehow soft and seductive (although not natural) and the reason I still listen to them. Sort of a guilty pleasure.

OTOH they do reveal distortion in the recordings like nothing else. Quite the opposite of IE8.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #2,964 of 4,058
  I wouldn't call the white filter 'transparent', the treble is boosted a lot, but since they are somehow non-aggressive they are not piercing your ears. It's a characteristic of these IEMs to have these boosted highs that sound somehow soft and seductive (although not natural) and the reason I still listen to them. Sort of a guilty pleasure.

OTOH they do reveal distortion in the recordings like nothing else. Quite the opposite of IE8.

If I keep shuffling between IE800 and K3K, treble on K3K sound piercing, the upper mids/lower treble is too hot. if I stay with K3K for more than a day, then somehow it sounds non-aggressive.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,965 of 4,058
if the k3 sounds 'piercing' with the grey filters(reference) it would be because of badly mastered/loudness war type recordings

i use the K3 with my dx90 on well mastered 'vinyl rips' from rock albums well produced and the sound is fantastic - no harshness at all

change your playlists, not your iem
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2,966 of 4,058
I never realized that I had such small ear canals. I can barely fit the K3003is in my ears with the smallest tips. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

I like the sound a lot, so hopefully I can make it work. If its too uncomfortable, I may have to re-sell these puppies. I hope not though.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,967 of 4,058
  I never realized that I had such small ear canals. I can barely fit the K3003is in my ears with the smallest tips. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

I like the sound a lot, so hopefully I can make it work. If its too uncomfortable, I may have to re-sell these puppies. I hope not though.

I'm just getting ready to open up the 2nd set of shrink wrap on these monsters - I hope you are able to find a solution - what size tips do you normally use? Unfortunately, I have a rather large ear canal opening - then a hard turn... Universals have been tough, although Westone, Shure and others of that type fit great....

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #2,968 of 4,058

I initially had a similar problem, but what I found is that the K3003s don't seem to be designed to be inserted as deeply as other IEMs.  I use the smallest tips (and sometimes the small Comply tips) and both are a tight fit.  For me the good news is that the sound is not negatively impacted when they are just barely sealed.  When I first tried them after using my Shure IEMs I kept thinking they were about to fall out, but once I used only the AKGs for a little while it seemed normal.

I guess it's just a different design?

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #2,969 of 4,058

I initially had a similar problem, but what I found is that the K3003s don't seem to be designed to be inserted as deeply as other IEMs.  I use the smallest tips (and sometimes the small Comply tips) and both are a tight fit.  For me the good news is that the sound is not negatively impacted when they are just barely sealed.  When I first tried them after using my Shure IEMs I kept thinking they were about to fall out, but once I used only the AKGs for a little while it seemed normal.

I guess it's just a different design?

someone mentioned here earlier that K3s are meant to be worn with a shallow fit

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #2,970 of 4,058
That's exactly what's going on. The sound quality is the same whether I shove them in or just have them barely in, almost hanging out of my ear. I think its just odd coming from customs or other universals that I usually have to shove in deep. That might work. Not the most comfortable or isolating, but I really like the linear sound. So, if that works, good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back