AKG K272 HD
Dec 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sonic Atrocity

500+ Head-Fier
Thoughts? I have read some really interesting reviews on these. Apparently, the FR is pretty flat. I would personally change that with an EQ. What attracts me to these cans is that I've read they have an amazing sound stage, great instrument seperation and great detail.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the K271's which are basically the same headphone, and I can say the soundstage is pretty unimpressive. Not that it's bad, it's pretty good for a closed headphone, but it doesn't totally wow me.

Detail is definitely great though, and gets even better upon amping. Overall it has a very pleasant sound, though I think most people would find it boring, since bass... Nope.

It actually sounds like I'm ragging on these, but I really do love them. They do just about every genre well, but they particularly excel in acoustic music.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 5
I'd say it has a bit more depth, though the Ultrasones have a generally bigger soundstage. I'm not very good at describing soundstage, but my closest description would be like... The Ultrasones sound like they have a bigger driver. Bigger front-to-back soundstage, whereas the K271's sound like the driver is further from the ear.. If you can imagine what that would sound like...

Man, I'm no good at this. Hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back