AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #241 of 1,152
I never said I knew without listening - I was quoting someone who has actually compared the 167 and 267, as well as people who had compared them to other headphones, and reiterating what they said.

I have no idea how much is true, but I assume they're not all lying. As for the K267 sound quality, we only have one comparison, so we have no idea how it compares to other headphones outside that.

I apologize if I confused anyone.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #242 of 1,152
Also true. alpha10 has listened to the K267's and said that they have the same sound quality of the K167s, that what you pay for is build quality and a bit more bass. But we never know how properly burnt-in they were, since the K167's benefit strongly from burn-in IMO. But I guess SQ is very close, thats why he hasn't noticed any difference. I think the drivers are made of the same materials and have the same tweak. Only difference must be size (40mm vs 50mm). But then again, here we are speculating (based on some facts though).

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #243 of 1,152
ahhhhhhh just ahhhhhh!! the madness lol. I just got off the phone with a rep from americanmusical their expecting a shipment this week and shipping out as soon as they receive them they will ship out. They stated who ever ordered as early as October and and got on this magical list of first come first serve will get them. Their only getting 23 though =( im hoping im in there somewhere because i did order them pretty early. I will confirm as soon as i see my email as them being shipped. Stay strong ladies and gentlemen.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #245 of 1,152
Quote:
Also true. alpha10 has listened to the K267's and said that they have the same sound quality of the K167s, that what you pay for is build quality and a bit more bass. But we never know how properly burnt-in they were, since the K167's benefit strongly from burn-in IMO. But I guess SQ is very close, thats why he hasn't noticed any difference. I think the drivers are made of the same materials and have the same tweak. Only difference must be size (40mm vs 50mm). But then again, here we are speculating (based on some facts though).

Right, but there are lots of factors missing (source, burn-in, amping) and really, I just want to know how they compare to the K550. That's going to be the deal breaker for me. If they sound similar/better with a better fit then that's all I need to know to make a purchase. I really like the design, too I think they look really cool for a DJ headphone but what's important is the sound.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #247 of 1,152
^ haha

actually, though he was referring to someone that did apparently listen to the K267 next to the K167... could have been a early version too. Not final...

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #249 of 1,152
Quote:
Right, but there are lots of factors missing (source, burn-in, amping) and really, I just want to know how they compare to the K550. That's going to be the deal breaker for me. If they sound similar/better with a better fit then that's all I need to know to make a purchase. I really like the design, too I think they look really cool for a DJ headphone but what's important is the sound.

Yeah I want to know how they compare to K550's as well. Plus I need them before Christmas so I need to find someone that is selling them if I choose the K267.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #250 of 1,152
Quote:
Yeah I want to know how they compare to K550's as well. Plus I need them before Christmas so I need to find someone that is selling them if I choose the K267.

That's not going to happen, most likely. We've only heard of two places that have them in currently, one is in Denmark or something, and the other is only shipping them to the earlier pre-orderers. Other than that - the waiting time is around 3 - 4 weeks for anyone else, I believe.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #252 of 1,152
I heard from the importer today 10 are distributed over here in Holland (Netherlands), it took me a while but I found a store that had them in stock, ordered them, and if all goes well I will have them by tomorrow 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #253 of 1,152
Quote:
I heard from the importer today 10 are distributed over here in Holland (Netherlands), it took me a while but I found a store that had them in stock, ordered them, and if all goes well I will have them by tomorrow 
biggrin.gif

reviews!! reviews!!  pics!!! 
of course, that is when you actually get them.  

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #255 of 1,152
Quote:
Yeah actually I think I am going to choose either K550 or K167 if there is no sound difference between K267 and K167 (except better bass maybe), what would you suggest?

The difference you'repaying for between the K167 and K267 is the build quality, more padding, adjustable bass, and possibly better sound. We know it has the first three, but we don't really know too much about how the sound compares, as only one person has tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back