AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #271 of 1,152
Quote:
well, I received them an hour ago....I really don't know where to start...after reading the last couple of weeks Miow's comments in the K167 thread, I just thought he exaggerated a bit here and there (my apologees Miow)
I have never heard a headphone sounding so good (I do not really believe in burn-in, but time will show me the wiser) 
The build quality is excellent, it's almost all metal, and the headband is leather with a thick padding that feels really soft. The cups are a bit on the small side, but I have a big head & ears (only the Denon's fit me) my ears are touching the foam on the drivers, probably because the earpads are really soft and can be pressed in real easy. At the moment my ears are getting warm, but not so much as they do when I am wearing the ATH M50.
There are two cables included (1 coiled, 1 straight) both are 9 feet, and a really nice pouch.

My other headphones include Denon D2000 & D7000, Sennheiser HD 650 & HD 25-1 II, Beyerdynamic DT150, ATH M 50 (white box) Creative Aurvana Live! AKG K181dj I'm listening through a Meier Quickstep, but I also have a Meier Symphony, I play original CDs on an Arcam CD ...(forgot the number, sorry)

I recently auditioned The Beyerdynamic COP( too much or no bass, grainy highs), Sennheiser Momentum (too veiled highs, floppy bass)  Logitech UE6000 (high too veiled) and the Denon D600 (just sounded unnatural) I returned them all.

The music I listen to is very diverse...Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Pocrupine Tree, John Scofield, Mike Stern, Kate Bush, Diana Krall, Patricia Barber, Film Scores, Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk, Steely Dan, Paul Simon, Peter Gabriel, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, Sting, Joni Mitchell, Miles Davis, Chet Baker, Dave Brubeck, David Sylvian, Ozric Tentacles....etc. etc.

What can I tell you more, the ring to adjust the bass works really smooth, you can adjust it while you are wearing them. It's not like on the Beyerdynamic (1 no bass, 2 too much for me, 3 also too much with more midbass and 4 subwoofer on your head)
the 3 settings on the AKG are all close to each other, the are all 3 very usable, it's not that one of the setting has too much bass while another has no bass, they all have bass, but just a bit more in Stage-setting and a bit less in Studio setting, obviously when you look at the music I listen to you can see that I'm not a bass head, but I like the bass to sound good (I have been playing bass for 30 years) so I prefer the Club setting (that way I can increase the bass on bass-lean recordings, and decrease it when there's too much bass in the recording)
The quality of the  bass is really very good, way better than on Denon's 2K & 7K. I don't think there's mid bass missing, but perhaps that's because I like it like this.
The highs are the best I have ever heard, I tried some "loudness-wars remasters, and they are listenable, that might sound like the highs are reduced, but that's not the case, female vocals reveal those lovely ss's, just the way they should be.

I don't know what to tell you anymore now, I will listen the rest of the day, I'm really impressed by this headphone....

ps. I want to thank Miow for all his posts in the K167 thread, he made me want to buy these phones, and I have no regrets about that!

Congrats!
beerchug.gif
  Thanks for the impressions. They may change a bit more as your ears get used to them as well. Looking forward to more...

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #275 of 1,152
Quote:
I got them from a music store in Rotterdam, but I'm afraid, they only had one (10 where evenly distributed throughout the Netherlands, and most shops had them on order, or I suspect employees wanted them for themselves)

So - K267 are good then? Can we get some pictures and such? Can you confirm the XLR connectors?

I'm getting more and more excited just reading about these. My store that I pre-ordered from should only be getting them in early January... At least these are popular.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #277 of 1,152
Eddy Flycatcher,

Can you please tell me if the pad is user change-able?
And what about isolation for all 3 levels? 

Thank you.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #278 of 1,152
Seems that AKG is noting that these are being sent out now. I just got an email saying that all three headphones in the Tiesto line have been released, and are available in professional music stores.

HOW available they are, remains to be seen. At least two people have gotten to try them at least, haha.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #280 of 1,152
Very brief review. Sorry to keep harassing with the same ol' question again, but would you say they sound better than K550s? 
And if I want to buy them now, I don't have any hope in getting them for Xmas right?

Can they be folded in a way that they are portable and do they come with a portable case for carrying around?
How long is the cable and are they suitable for portable use (portability and outside noise isolation).

Sprry for all the questions...

Oh and post freaking pics!

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #282 of 1,152
As I posted in the K167 thread, I tried the K267 for about 10-15 minutes with some of my music.

Main differences:

K267 has better build quality, metal instead of plastic.
K267 is heavier and not as comfortable
K267 sound is similar to K167
K267 bass can be adjusted in 3 steps (all sound good)
K267 is much more expensive
K267 doesn't isolate as well as K167

Of course the K267 sound great, since it's similar to K167, but I believe what you really pay for is the build quality.

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #283 of 1,152
Quote:
As I posted in the K167 thread, I tried the K267 for about 10-15 minutes with some of my music.
Main differences:
K267 has better build quality, metal instead of plastic.
K267 is heavier and not as comfortable
K267 sound is similar to K167
K267 bass can be adjusted in 3 steps (all sound good)
K267 is much more expensive
K267 doesn't isolate as well as K167
Of course the K267 sound great, since it's similar to K167, but I believe what you really pay for is the build quality.

Thanks for that. Now that we have someone that actually owns them though, we can get even more detailed impressions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back