AKG K24P - First Impression
Feb 26, 2005 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

siahae

New Head-Fier
I just received shipment of my new headphones today. Props to Todd for the quick shipment and great price.

In any case, I like what I hear so far. The sound somewhat reminds me of my old SR60's albeit they've been gone for a year. A little on the bright side, harsher than both the SR60 and SR80. Bass response is pretty good, although I am not a basshead. I'm using it with my ipod at the moment with the equalizer set to flat and the bass is similar to using the stock earbuds pressed slightly into your ear with the equalizer set to jazz although certainly not as distorted.

In summary, I would definitely recommend these especially for the price. They've made listening to my ipod exciting again.

Previous headphones: SR60 | SR80 | E2C | AKG 271

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by siahae
A little on the bright side, harsher than both the SR60 and SR80.

thats enough to give me nightmares
wink.gif

jesse

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 11
jesse: It's not that bad, but certainly brighter than the PX100. I'd consider both to be viable alternatives - about equally good, but voiced for different tastes.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 11
Interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll look for a pair to be found in my whereabouts.

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed, best value for entry level of AKG...

Resurrecting a 2 1/2 year old thread
tongue.gif
I've always wondered if any of the portable AKGs have a similar sound signature to the higher end stuff.

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resurrecting a 2 1/2 year old thread
tongue.gif
I've always wondered if any of the portable AKGs have a similar sound signature to the higher end stuff.

The temptation can be hard
tongue.gif

The lower end AKG has a lot more bass.

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #9 of 11
Honestly.... I found the 24p even worse than the 26p, which I hated. I dunno, guess I just expected more, expecially after I heard the 81DJ

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 11
Yes, as everyone says, they are on the bright side....but like a welterweight boxer who keeps getting up and going strong in the later rounds, they are definitely punchy for such tiny budget travel cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back