AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,202 of 1,489
Quote:
Sorry, yeah there is a hole that can be seen once you pop off the Tiesto logo.  It goes all the way through to the inside.  That center cylinder is used to hold the rubber damper in place so that is less vibration too.

Also...the Tiesto cap fits perfectly over the convex Audio Technica logo haha.  I got Tiesto's under the hood son. (Not glued on yet)

What's your best suggestion to block these holes?

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #1,203 of 1,489
Take out the screws from the earcup.  The piece I am holding in the pic falls out and you can just stuff it whatever you want.  I'd get some cotton from a Qtip and shove it in with a toothpick from the back side.  You don't even need that much.  Just don't overdo it or maybe the Tiesto logo will pop off.  It's not really glued, but the back part of it is sticky.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #1,205 of 1,489
Quote:
But why would you want to block the hole for?? This will change the Bass that every one agree is very good. Can someone report the changes with the port block?

Just for the sole purpose of making Miow mad.  That's all. 
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,207 of 1,489
Quote:
I just reaaallly hate leaking =/ I listen to music pretty loud and I hate disturbing other people when I commute (these are my portable, full-sized).

Wow! you must listen very loud because I find them to be very good. I had them on an exercise ball for burn in and I couldn't hear anything at loud volume. But again maybe it's an age thing 
mad.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,208 of 1,489
Quote:
Wow! you must listen very loud because I find them to be very good. I had them on an exercise ball for burn in and I couldn't hear anything at loud volume. But again maybe it's an age thing 
mad.gif

Don't missunderstand me, they don't leak that bad, but If 'filling' those holes could make it even less, then I wouldn't mind at all :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #1,212 of 1,489
Okay guys... after about 30 hours of burn in alas I found the treble tamed. I'm beginning to really enjoy it :D
The ear pads are too thin  for me and my ears are reaching the drivers which cause irritation after about an hour or two though :/ (No I don't have monkey ears haha)
Any tips on how to remove the pads? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back