AKG K1000 Prices
May 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #31 of 90
Frankly, I'm amazed at my thread-degrading abilities.

May 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #32 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOLOLOLOL, I got krmathis frustrated!!!

Well done!
beerchug.gif

My frustration did not last too long though. he he

Quote:

Anyway, I have no concrete proof of a replacement K1000, and I didn't originate the speculation on this thread.

Aahh, good (or perhaps sadly)! Cause for a while I thought I might have missed some crucial info...

Hopefully all these new top-line products from other vendors (Sennheiser, Grado, Ultrasone, ..) show that there are a demand for such 'phones, and in turn make AKG come up with a K1000 successor (or another revival).
I am first in line to order one!
k1000smile.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #33 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done!
beerchug.gif

My frustration did not last too long though. he he

Aahh, good (or perhaps sadly)! Cause for a while I thought I might have missed some crucial info...

Hopefully all these new top-line products from other vendors (Sennheiser, Grado, Ultrasone, ..) show that there are a demand for such 'phones, and in turn make AKG come up with a K1000 successor (or another revival).
I am first in line to order one!
k1000smile.gif

However, new top-line prices are not welcome.
tongue.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #34 of 90
I'll be more of a second in line. Though it depends how the HD800 comes out, but if it's too much of that Sennheiser sound I'd much rather try and get a K1000 or successor.

May 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #35 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe it or not, but the K-1000 is probably the easiest headphone drive.

It was designed to run from a speaker amp, not a headphone amp. Though it might not seem like it here, speaker amps are cheaper and way more common than dedicated headphone amps. You can even find an old receiver at the Salvation Army for $20 that will drive the K-1000. Not so with other headphones.

The K-1000 wasn't that popular until it was discontinued. Then it became unobtanium and prices took off. Before that, you could find them new around $600-$700 and used for less.

My understanding is that the tooling required to produce the K-1000 was work out and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, K-1000 sales were not strong enough to turn a profit after retooling. So they discontinued it. Too bad. They should have put whatever they spent on the K-701 towards the K-1000 to retool and lower prices.

Totally agree 100%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frankly, I'm amazed at my thread-degrading abilities.

You amaze me as well.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

May 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #37 of 90
As previously stated, hopefully when AKG decides to put out it's successor, which will most likely be something along the lines of "K1100" the price wont match the model number...

May 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #38 of 90
I don't care if the possible K1100 costs little or much, it just should be either the same or better than K1000. And have the same concepts: poweramp-driven, very open design.

Jun 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #40 of 90
Well,I mortgaged the kids and took the plunge. Just won the following minty AKG K1000 located in Frankfurt, Germany.
http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280520607165
Shipped to Canada it comes to just under a grand.It appears to be the bass heavy model and has a low serial
number of 4023.  Can anyone tell me what I am to expect from these much lauded cans.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #41 of 90

Quote:
On a brighter note, AKG is rumored to be putting out a K1000 successor in 2010.

I don't see why companies don't do this more. You would think companies like Sony would make a killing if they made a successor to the R10 that sounded as good/better. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #42 of 90
Congrats on the purchase! If you amp them right, you should expect happiness.

Jun 21, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #43 of 90
Is anyone familiar with the AKG dedicated K1000 AMPLIFIER now out of production?

There is a chance that I can obtain one.  Will it be worth the investment?

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #44 of 90
Order here:

www.sac.de/sac/start_frame.php?Pfad=2_4_79&BL=4

Perhaps first ask whether it is in stock. Maybe they assemble when you order, with some time until delivery.

And yes, it is worth the investment, although other true class A or tube amps may be better (and more expensive).

My copy is more than 10 years old and still kicking, with different power supply and twin 4-pin XLR sockets.

The cooling fins are there for a reason.

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #45 of 90
Congratulations charliex,

I also followed this auction because I bought another headphone from this seller.
I would say it's an average price for german ebay.

PS: The SAC-Amp is still in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back