AKG K 701 - I am excited
Sep 27, 2005 at 12:05 PM Post #31 of 210
Yep, I completely agree with you guys, white is a no-go(ever seen the white px-100, yak). With silver it would look much, much nicer. Mm, I was considering the 601, I guess I'm going now for the 601's. Wonder what the sound difference is.The 601 sure looks like it coming from the darkside--> it's so black.

Sep 27, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #32 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Not at all.The K1000 is unique, kind of head mounted speakers.The K1000 provides natural crossfeed, no other cans I know of except maybe the swiss Jecklin Floats and Ergos can do this.

That's why I said supposed. I too, believe that the K1000 is a unique product.

Sep 27, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #33 of 210
Who cares about the colour, It looks superbly built which is what matters. I can't wait to hear about how it sounds.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #34 of 210
I, personally, think that the white looks superb.
biggrin.gif
Clean, glossy, white. High class. Yep. Lol.
tongue.gif

Excited. Excited. Excited. Excited.

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #35 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Who cares about the colour, It looks superbly built which is what matters. I can't wait to hear about how it sounds.

Ditto. Actually I can't wait to hear how it sounds, and also how comfortable it might be.

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #37 of 210
Like the white or not they are different and there'd be no losing them in the sea of black, gunmetal, and woody piles of cans at a meet
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 10:53 AM Post #38 of 210
You're all right, the sounds that's the thing that matters. But when I'm spending more then 350 euro's on a headphone I want it to look nice or have some kind of style I like (like grado's, they aren't pretty but have there own style going on). The whitestyle from the akg 701 is just a no-go for me. And since we don't know how it sounds we can only discuss the looks of this thing.
Luuk

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #39 of 210
Sep 29, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #40 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay
I am very excited about the 701's! I'm waiting to hear reviews so I can see if I want to give up my 650's for them. I had the 240's for a little while and AKG's headband is the best feeling I've ever felt. Plus the 701's have velour earpads and not vinyl like most the rest of thier line. So pretty much if these cans have bass and keep the AKG midrange and highs, they will be my perfect match!! (hopefully) So, needlessly to say, I'm anxiously awaiting.....

I feel the same way, I'd like the K701 to arrive on my doorstep soon so I can compare it to my other headphones. My fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes are crossed that it will be worth waiting for.
As for the looks of the K701 being debatable, to me they aren't. My boss may have eyes in the back of his head, but no one can see headphones whilst listening (if you're planning on being witty, yes I've heard of a mirror!).

Oct 1, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #41 of 210
I *was* going to buy one of the Sennheiser HD600/650 clan, but the news of the 701's (and the 601's) has me putting those on hold indefinitely (and any other headphone for that matter)

The 701's look so beautifully made, modern yet classy (classic) at the same time. If they have even a slight more bass than the 501's, then they will be worthy purchase.

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #42 of 210
Today I've got the information, that the first delivery from AKG 701 to the German HiFi stores was expected at the end of October now. So there is some time to speculate about its sound and build quality.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #43 of 210
Like others I'm wondering if a true successor to the K1000 will be released soon. To me, even a year from now is soon...

The K701 looks gorgeous though... I just hope the engineers chose the 'white' material properly or it'll turn yellow overtime like some iPods do... Urgh! The sound is what matters but no company should allow their flagship headphone to look cheap... even after a few years.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #44 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
Like others I'm wondering if a true successor to the K1000 will be released soon. To me, even a year from now is soon...

You will be waiting much longer than that, AKG has said that they do not have any plans to make a true successor to the K1000.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #45 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
You will be waiting much longer than that, AKG has said that they do not have any plans to make a true successor to the K1000.

frown.gif

Erm, you wouldn't happen to still have the link to that piece of news/announcement would you? Not that I don't believe you but I would like to see what else they said about the K1000 and other related issues.

Still hoping for the best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back