AKG K 701 - I am excited
Oct 5, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #61 of 210
I just spoke to a friend who is an AKG Rep and he just went thru a Powerpoint presentation of the new AKG headphones. He seems to remember the retail of the 701’s being $399. They should be available in late October or sometime in November.

I’m hoping that they improve upon the 501’s. They certainly look great. It’s worth a shot so I’ve decided to get a pair. My order will be placed very soon, sight un-heard. This means that my K501’s will be going up on the FS forum soon.

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #62 of 210
ooooo im so excited
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 210
What I would like to know is how much better is the 701 over the 601. There is a big price difference between the two cans. I am wondering if the 601 is up to par with the 701 and what other high end headphone they would compare to?

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #64 of 210
I just spoke with AKG USA and there are several differences between the 601’s and the 701’s. It seems like the difference will be substantive. Since I’m not interested in the 601’s I never even asked their price.

These headphones are not even available in Europe yet. Actual production is scheduled to start by next week. The hope is that they will be available by the end of October. The pricing structure is a little different than people have come to expect from AKG. This means that you won’t see the same kind of discounts that have been usual for other models.

On another matter: The K1000’s are slated to be discontinued sometime next year (old news). The one thing that I was reminded of was that the K1000’s have been discontinued three times before. They will most likely continue to make them as long as the demand exists.

Oct 5, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #65 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
I just received word from AKG that the K501 will NOT be discontinued. We expect to have samples of the K601 and K701 within about a week. I'm not sure when they'll be readily available but it sounds like they'll be here soon.
biggrin.gif

YES! I hope you guys post some initial impressions, even some vague descriptions of the sound relative to the K501's would be helpful.

Oct 5, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #66 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
Actual production is scheduled to start by next week. The hope is that they will be available by the end of October.

They haven't started production yet? That's kinda bad news but hopefully they won't run into any problems (knock on wood) and will be able to start crankin em out at a fast enough rate so people don't have to wait too much longer.

Quote:

They will most likely continue to make them as long as the demand exists.

I read somewhere that they were discontinuing them because the cost of materials was getting too high. I hope you're right, though. Any idea how many of em are out there?

Oct 5, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #67 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
I read somewhere that they were discontinuing them because the cost of materials was getting too high. I hope you're right, though. Any idea how many of em are out there?

From what was said in the conversation I got the impression that production has already stopped, and that they have 3 to 6 months supply in the warehouse. This was not said, it was my impression.

Oct 6, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #70 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
I just spoke with AKG USA and there are several differences between the 601’s and the 701’s. It seems like the difference will be substantive. Since I’m not interested in the 601’s I never even asked their price.

The press release lists these as unique to the 701:
-A revolutionary flat wire voice coil optimizes the “coil fill factor,” improving efficiency and enhancing HF accuracy
(though the 601 also has the flat wire voice coil)
-A bi-wired oxygen-free (99.99% OFC) copper cable optimizes channel separation and reproduction quality
-A proprietary design, the padded genuine glove leather headband is self-adjusting for ultimate listening comfort
-3D-Form ear pads are specially shaped for an ergonomically perfect fit

A good looking family:
AKG.jpg

http://www.akg.com/akg_structuretree...iew,press.html

Oct 6, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #74 of 210
where are you getting those prices from?

jeeze $400? im less excited
frown.gif

i paid less than that for my K1000's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back