akg / customer service is this an oxymoron?
Apr 28, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is weird. A few months ago, I e-mailed AKG Austria for a replacement AKG K701 headband. They replied my e-mail within three hours and offered to send me an AKG K701 headband by international express for free. Four days later I had a spare AKG K701 headband.
tongue.gif

was this to replace it with a flat one, a la K601? lol. maybe i should email the headquarters too...

theBigD - i'm surprised you would have so much trouble. i got a response with my SA# within 48 hours. i have yet to send my headphones in. it's for a very nitpicky driver balance issue, but if it's there i can't live with it
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #17 of 31
maybe i should deal with akg austria. it just seems like the us customer service isnt there. i have yet to hear one response from 3 different emails and two phone messages. i left them e-mail addresses home and work phone #s. meanwhile the band on these headphones is deteriorating rapidly. pretty soon instead of bread ties holding the band to the wires above my head ill just have to duck tape them to my head!

Apr 28, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #19 of 31
I've had all sorts of trouble getting a set of replacement pads from Frank for my k501. It took many many phone calls to finally get him on the line. (Notwithstanding his voicemail message, he doesn't seem to return calls.) I've made about 20 phone calls, left at least 5 voicemail messages, and they've sent me two packages, each with one pad. Unfortunately, one of the pads they sent was a 701 pad, and the other was a 501 pad, so I now have a mismatched set. I'm waiting for the third package to arrive, but it's taken me over a month to get through to them and get the right part. On the bright side, regardless of what they send me this time, at least I should end up with a matching set.

Frank has been very friendly and helpful when I've had him on the phone, but unfortunately, that seems to be very difficult to do, and even when I do manage to place the order, it doesn't get filled properly.

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #21 of 31
anybody know how to mod the akg 701 headband to eliminate cheap plastic parts that hold it to wires above? im thinking some kind of metal clamp. maybe a hardwear item. you guys are way more reliable than akg customer service so i look forward to any suggestions.

May 6, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #22 of 31
another week has gone by, ive left several more messages on akg usa phone, ive emailed the service dept. at akgusa. the only person that responds is hans werner from akghotline but he always directs me to akg usa. this is pretty much the most frustrating audio purchase ive ever had. headphones are only 3 months old now, started breaking a month ago. im pretty much gonna have to fix these with some wood splints and tubing to keep them from dissintegrating. anyone thinking about purchasing akg 701s look elswhere if you live in usa unless you don't mind fixing things that cost several hundred dollars yourself.
frown.gif

May 7, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #23 of 31
well its monday. time to see if akg will answer the phone or not. probably get another answering machine for which they dont return phone calls or emails.

May 7, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 31
A couple weeks ago, frank responded to a bunch of my email in rapid succession.

Took him basically a week to call me back when i emailed him my complete order and asked him to call w/ a total and to get CC information.

May 7, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple weeks ago, frank responded to a bunch of my email in rapid succession. Took him basically a week to call me back when i emailed him my complete order and asked him to call w/ a total and to get CC information.

Gosh, that's a huge change from when Pat Burns was running things before. She was awesome. She would respond within minutes, or hours at the most.

I'm sorry to see the company go in this direction.

May 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gosh, that's a huge change from when Pat Burns was running things before. She was awesome. She would respond within minutes, or hours at the most.

I'm sorry to see the company go in this direction.

I dunno, took pat four days to call me back the one time i tried to talk to her.

May 7, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno, took pat four days to call me back the one time i tried to talk to her.

Hmmm...strange. I never had that problem with her. The few times I needed to speak with her personally, she was always available. Maybe I was just lucky.

Other than that, once she had my address & billing info, I only needed to email. She seemed to treat me like a valued customer no matter how small the request, or how much time had transpired since my last order. Again, I guess I was just lucky *shrug*.

May 8, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #28 of 31
i wish it was only 3 or 4 days, its been 5 weeks since the first part broke on these. and because ive been using broken the other side broke and now the cap on the outside of right headphone is cracked because the wire moves without support from outside broken part. this is the worst service ive ever seen and i work in an outdoor retail store, so i deal with corporate customer service all the time.

May 8, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wish it was only 3 or 4 days, its been 5 weeks since the first part broke on these. and because ive been using broken the other side broke and now the cap on the outside of right headphone is cracked because the wire moves without support from outside broken part. this is the worst service ive ever seen and i work in an outdoor retail store, so i deal with corporate customer service all the time.

Just a though, if you bought it with a "major credit card", can you use their buyer's protection plan to get a refund or work with AKG? AE's plans are good for 90 days from purchase.

May 18, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #30 of 31
ok, akg usa last week finally started emailing me regarding my problem. this week i spoke with hector in warrantee. he said i should send my headphones in for warrantee. this makes me really nervous. i told him about my reservations. he said when i send them in they will be turned around in 7 to 10 days. i am going to wait till my stax 2050 system arrives before i send these back. but will start a thread about this return and hope that akg usa warrantee will prove itself to have excellent repair and return time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back