AKG 702 for 80 Bucks - Is this for real?
Nov 17, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #275 of 330
someone should definitely get fired for this. music123 did an absolutely garbage job here. I dont even care if it was buy.com's fault. Their "cancellation" email consisted of.. "thank you for your purchase!! the item has been cancelled. all the best, music123".

first of all, that is atrocious business practice after a mistake. what if i was shopping for my kid's birthday and had no idea what the hell the difference between a k702 and k99 are? they would just blindly cancel it without any explanation whatsoever??

I tried to order the SA5000s through ecomelectronics and there had been a mistake similar to this one. the next day i recieved an extremely apologetic email explaining what occured AND they offered me $10 off of any next purchase if I so choose. obviously i wasnt happy about it being cancelled, but the goodwill from that email went a long way and I randomly ordered something different from them.

I'd stay as far away from music123 as possible in the future. VERY poor job.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #276 of 330
Someone will either get fired or their chances of getting a promotion is as likely as winning the lottery. I feel bad for them. Your cancellation means little. In fact, you were trying to take advantage of a mistake. And anyone else that tried to take advantage by buying 3+ sets should DEFINITELY not complain about anything

Quote:
someone should definitely get fired for this. music123 did an absolutely garbage job here. I dont even care if it was buy.com's fault. Their "cancellation" email consisted of.. "thank you for your purchase!! the item has been cancelled. all the best, music123".

first of all, that is atrocious business practice after a mistake. what if i was shopping for my kid's birthday and had no idea what the hell the difference between a k702 and k99 are? they would just blindly cancel it without any explanation whatsoever??

I tried to order the SA5000s through ecomelectronics and there had been a mistake similar to this one. the next day i recieved an extremely apologetic email explaining what occured AND they offered me $10 off of any next purchase if I so choose. obviously i wasnt happy about it being cancelled, but the goodwill from that email went a long way and I randomly ordered something different from them.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #277 of 330
agreed, buying 2 or more is unethical if you are aware that this may be a mistake. but not every person that buys headphones online is balls-deep in this stuff like we are on this site. how can they differentiate any of the orders that took place last night between those that were "taking advantage of the mistake" and those non-audiophiles that just happen to stumble upon a nice pair and decide to order them. For the latter population, music123 would just send that basic, noninformative, BS email that we're getting? Please tell me how that is good business

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #278 of 330
Long time lurker (like 6 months, haha), first time posting.

FWIR, music123 didn't even know of the mix-up.  I doubt their most likely automated cancellation e-mail will know that you cancelled due to a mistake on their part.  If you really want to get something out of this, then call them and complain.
Quote:

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #279 of 330

Quote:

FWIR, music123 didn't even know of the mix-up.  I doubt their most likely automated cancellation e-mail will know that you cancelled due to a mistake on their part.  If you really want to get something out of this, then call them and complain.

This. The posting was on buy.com. The mess up was on their part. Not Music 123.

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #280 of 330
Since I run an E-Commerce site myself, I think it actually might be Music123's fault. Most shopping portals like Buy.com work on product feeds that are provided to the seller for the SELLER to adhere to. If a company has information screwed up in their database when exporting their merchandise feed to a portal like Buy.com, then there will be errors. Ask me how I know.
blink.gif

Having said this, there could be something funky going on at Buy.com, I would just have my doubts (especially since Music123 is apparently a new Buy.com vendor).

Just saying...

Quote:

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #282 of 330
i wasn't expecting a brand new pair of 702s out of all this. to be honest, i was most curious of how a business would handle a situation of this magnitude. i already had that experience with ecomelectronics so i knew this wasn't going to turn out well. i basically just wanted to see how well the business could respond. at the end of the day, the business world is all about perception. ecom did an excellent job upholding a positive perception. music123's response just makes me think they are an incompetent group of people that do not understand the importance and value of customer service.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #283 of 330
I always hear people say "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is"...I suppose it applies to this situation. Mine were canceled and refunded automatically as of noon today. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back