AKG 702 for 80 Bucks - Is this for real?
Nov 17, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #212 of 330
Ah, I suppose a mobile DAC/heaphone amp for under $100 was to good to be true. Rather ironic phrase considering this thread. 

Quote:

Quote:

Whats the word on the street concerning the NuForce Icon mobile as a potential power source for these puppies?

Never heard it, but looking at the specs I don't think they have quite enough power to run them. The K702's are current hogs and both the little dot and E9 gots lots of current. Also they are fairly low impedance cans, and this Icon Mobile looks like it's better for high impedance...meaning they won't be driven to their full potential. Trust me, I started with a cheapy amp with these and stepping up to the LD I+ made a big difference.

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #213 of 330

Quote:

EDIT: I like the idea of shutting up about it. I have yet to see a good argument for the opposing side, not that there aren't any but they just haven't popped up yet. I see people avoiding the questions, attacking people personally, and saying they're right because they are. Those are not arguments. Either way I like talking about it because I enjoy a good debate. It isn't a good debate, and its late. I will stop talking about this if there seems to be no intelligent discussion. 

I think that's the most intelligent thing said all night.

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #215 of 330

Quote:

Whats the word on the street concerning the NuForce Icon mobile as a potential power source for these puppies?

Never heard it, but looking at the specs I don't think they have quite enough power to run them. The K702's are current hogs and both the little dot and E9 gots lots of current. Also they are fairly low impedance cans, and this Icon Mobile looks like it's better for high impedance...meaning they won't be driven to their full potential. Trust me, I started with a cheapy amp with these and stepping up to the LD I+ made a big difference.

E9 and I+ are both desktop amps, have any mobile amp suggestions?

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #218 of 330

Quote:

Quote:

E9 and I+ are both desktop amps, have any mobile amp suggestions?

Not really. I'm sure there's a thread, but the 702's aren't too "portable friendly". Most portable amps that can power these as well as a desktop amp will more than likely be in the 200-300 dollar range. Keep in mind these are open cans...people that are within a 10 foot radius are going to clearly hear whatever you're jammin out to.

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #219 of 330

LOL
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Hudamanium:

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #221 of 330
Man, I don't even have a measly $80 to my name. What a shame.
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #224 of 330

Quote:
Not really. I'm sure there's a thread, but the 702's aren't too "portable friendly". Most portable amps that can power these as well as a desktop amp will more than likely be in the 200-300 dollar range. Keep in mind these are open cans...people that are within a 10 foot radius are going to clearly hear whatever you're jammin out to.

Fair enough, but I do jam out to some good stuff, so I'm sure they won't mind 
atsmile.gif

If these do come through, I might try and flip them on ebay or craigslist for some more portable ones (AKG 142's??) and a decent portable amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back