AK300 or Opus #3? (Alternatively AK70 Mk II, and Mk I or Opus #1?)
Oct 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

asegier

New Head-Fier
Dear All,

I am relatively new to DAPs and currently use a AK Jr. But I find the interface to be really slow and the unit freezes on me from time to time being really unreliable. As I've never had another DAP before, and I was thinking of upgrading, looking locally there are 3 units secondhand that are around the same price.

Namely the AK300 and the Opus 3 for around the same price. I've read reviews on the two, but I haven't been able to find someone who compares these two units. Another option I've seen is the AK70 Mk II but I think this is more expensive (so far locally), but there are some Mk I units below and above the price of the AK300 and Opus 3.

Wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the pros and cons primarily between the AK300 and Opus 3. Alternatively I also saw an Opus #1 as well, and I saw one review that stated it was as good as the AK240 (found it hard to believe).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Anyone? No thoughts at all? I know they're older models, but I'm sure someone has some opinions? There was a review of the Opus #3 having a lot of UI issues... So I felt concerned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back