AirPods
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #361 of 709
Those spigen wings really help the presentation for the AirPods in my use. They seem to get the drivers firing from the optimal position in a way the expands the soundstage and enhances the bass. They become quite audiophile friendly.

I recently went through a search for workout headphones and have lived with the Advanced Evo, Jaybird X3 and finally decided to give the Bose Soundsport Free a shot. Wow. The Bose blew my socks off. I now use the Airpods for calls and the convenience of the small charging case. The Bose are surprisingly excellent sound. They're kind of like if the QC35 and Audeze iSine had a baby. Really excellent imaging and an EQ curve that I can get down with. They have better mids than the QC35 and PRAT seems to have been a focus for them so that they can give you a bunch of energy through the music during a workout. I find I'm not only using them at the gym but they have taken over a lot of the wireless uses that the AirPods used to occupy. Things like chores around the house etc.

The only thing that keeps them from getting more general use is that the charging case isn't very pocketable so you'll need a bag or coat to store it in. They aren't for jeans or smaller jackets.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #364 of 709
Do you regularly use them on the go? They seem like an interesting add-on but are then not a bit annoying to carry around as they can’t stay in the AirPods when you put the earphones in their case?

Exactly...

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #365 of 709
Do you regularly use them on the go? They seem like an interesting add-on but are then not a bit annoying to carry around as they can’t stay in the AirPods when you put the earphones in their case?

Sure do. They practically dissapear in my pocket. Once you have a little practice, it's a 5 second operation to get them on/off with a single movement per side.

Dec 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #366 of 709
Sure do. They practically dissapear in my pocket. Once you have a little practice, it's a 5 second operation to get them on/off with a single movement per side.

Cheers.

I was actually not to worried about putting them back on but more about carrying them. So you put the tips separately in your pockets with not protection? Seems like the rubber would gather dust and it would be easy to lose them?

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #368 of 709
Any chance you can link to where you bought these foamies? Thanks!
Just your basic bag of foamies purchased from Amazon for a couple of quid. The particular ones I bought are no longer available but there's plenty of others available - they're really nothing special.

The foamies tend to reduce some of the upper mid frequency and slightly boost the bass. They also offer a slightly more secure fit. One downside is that they can sometimes block the sensor which prevents the double tap gestured from working properly but as this only offers one function is not the end of the world. I'm pleased to report that the headphones still fit inside the case when the foamies are fitted without any problems.

I find that I'm using the Airpods more and more - don't get me wrong they're not perfect but they are certainly good enough for more than just casual listening and are wonderfully convenient. I carry these around with me all the time.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #370 of 709
They fit perfectly in the little front right jean pocket once made for watches. I can also attest the old fashioned ear pod foam covers work great. You can even cut out the holes for the sensors to work. You may need to adjust periodically. No big deal though.

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #371 of 709
Rumors abound that Apple is hard at work on the next generation of AirPods. They really nailed the convenience with the first version. Maybe the second time around, they’ll make ones that actually sound decent.

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #373 of 709
They sound much more than decent already. If you can't get it, it's your matter...

They sound like slightly better EarPods. Very much so decent, but no wow factor to the sound.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up too much for significant SQ improvement in AirPods v2 though I’m sure at some point in the future the lines will blur between hifi and wireless Apple earbuds.

Dec 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #375 of 709
Ya know? I just put them in my ears and don't worry about it. They're so easy!
Audio snobs need not apply.

Their smart features make me forget the lackness of the audiophile qualities. Especially when I am outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back