AirPods
Sep 10, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #303 of 709

While i like the idea that there's several manufacturers in the wireless IEM space, i'd wait until there's reviews. There's just far too many expamples that compromise on one area, whether it's wireless connection quality (a lot of them), poor sound quality for the price (Bragi) , poor battery life, terrible mic, (again Bragi for both) and price. With all that in mind it's surprising that the Airpods work so well and can be had so cheaply.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #304 of 709
While i like the idea that there's several manufacturers in the wireless IEM space, i'd wait until there's reviews. There's just far too many expamples that compromise on one area, whether it's wireless connection quality (a lot of them), poor sound quality for the price (Bragi) , poor battery life, terrible mic, (again Bragi for both) and price. With all that in mind it's surprising that the Airpods work so well and can be had so cheaply.

Yeah I agree but B&O has a great history with wireless cans. They're not quite sennheiser but they have a lot of staff and a bigger budget for R&D than most headphone companies. Heck, they have a physical store in the shopping area of my City (Seattle).

The BeatsX are a good W1 option with noise isolation. As far as I can tell, they're neck buds done right as far as the form factor goes. Modern Beats sound signature for better or worse depending on tastes.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #306 of 709
Other possibility is that the new version is included with iPhone 8/X.

Ve y good point, which could make me regret just buying a pair of AirPods as I'm considering the new iPhone. If they are included in the box not only it will be a duplicate but it will also instantly reduce their second hand resell value.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #307 of 709
i don’t see them including airpods with the 8/X. i mean, they already have a hard time building these things in high enough yield, which is why they’re still 1-2 weeks wait time...

but, i hope i’m wrong. would love to get a pair with the 8/X

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #308 of 709
i don’t see them including airpods with the 8/X. i mean, they already have a hard time building these things in high enough yield, which is why they’re still 1-2 weeks wait time...

but, i hope i’m wrong. would love to get a pair with the 8/X

Regarding that I was just thinking that Apple probably figured out how to build them en masse months ago but keeps the supply constrained to keep the demand high. They could be sitting on a stockpile of the new version. It's not a bad way to help convince customers to spend $350 more on their iPhone depending on how much it really costs them to build AirPods.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #309 of 709
Regarding that I was just thinking that Apple probably figured out how to build them en masse months ago but keeps the supply constrained to keep the demand high. They could be sitting on a stockpile of the new version. It's not a bad way to help convince customers to spend $350 more on their iPhone depending on how much it really costs them to build AirPods.

except apple doesn’t do this. they never have...

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #311 of 709
It seems it will just be a minor update, I doubt there will be any significant improvements. I'm expecting battery/control refinements along with the new case.

It is a strong possibility, and also a new version number doesn't necessarily mean a brand new product. Could be a change in the manufadturing process which doesn't make any difference for the user. They've for exemple done that for the 3rg generation Apple TV before: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200008

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #312 of 709
This sucks I bought mine two weeks ago From Sweetwater Since they had them in stock. If Apple Comes out with a new version On Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed Because Sweetwater Does not Accept returns On IEM's.

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #313 of 709
This sucks I bought mine two weeks ago From Sweetwater Since they had them in stock. If Apple Comes out with a new version On Tuesday, I'm going to be pissed Because Sweetwater Does not Accept returns On IEM's.

I wouldn't worry too much, it seems they're mostly the same model.

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #314 of 709
Noise isolation in earbuds seems to imply an active system. Maybe too much to expect from tiny batteries. I find myself in enough moderate environments to appreciate the AirPods and I take the Etymotics along for the plane rides.

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #315 of 709
Noise isolation in earbuds seems to imply an active system. Maybe too much to expect from tiny batteries. I find myself in enough moderate environments to appreciate the AirPods and I take the Etymotics along for the plane rides.
Even just passive in-ear silicone tips would make me instantly buy it. There's just too much noise on my commute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back