AirPods Max
Nov 26, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #5,492 of 5,629
Last year I ordered a pair of APM with amazon huge discount. I really wanted to like them but after 3 weeks of "burn-in" process I continued to find its sound muddy, a little bit artificial as described some answers before. I can't feel some songs that are always the examples that I use to try headphones.
Transparency mode and ANC top notch, but sound quality not the best for me.

Now, I'm debating between PX8 or H95 but APM2 could be near....If APM2 has same improvements than APP vs APP2, that headset could be stellar. But the release is uncertain and I'm tired of being always waiting for something new in technology.

Nov 26, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #5,493 of 5,629
Last year I ordered a pair of APM with amazon huge discount. I really wanted to like them but after 3 weeks of "burn-in" process I continued to find its sound muddy, a little bit artificial as described some answers before. I can't feel some songs that are always the examples that I use to try headphones.

Now, I'm debating between PX8 or H95 but APM2 could be near....If APM2 has same improvements than APP vs APP2, that headset could be stellar. But the release is uncertain and I'm tired of being always waiting for something new in technology.
I personally doubt we'll see an AirPods Max 2 for quite some time, if ever. (Maybe, if we're lucky, after the release of HomePod 2 :sweat_smile:)

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #5,494 of 5,629

Judging from the other AirPods models I’d expect at least another year for an eventual successor of the APM. Worth waiting if it makes the same jump as the APP2 though.

I had the PX8 for a short time, sent them back — improvements over the APM simply not worth it. And the H95 I don’t like from optics, so I never tried. At that price they would have to be pretty as well…

Nov 26, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #5,495 of 5,629
Judging from the other AirPods models I’d expect at least another year for an eventual successor of the APM. Worth waiting if it makes the same jump as the APP2 though.

I had the PX8 for a short time, sent them back — improvements over the APM simply not worth it. And the H95 I don’t like from optics, so I never tried. At that price they would have to be pretty as well…

Could you give me more detail about px8 vs apm in your experience? I expect much more clear sound in px8, especially in live music

Nov 30, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #5,496 of 5,629
Could you give me more detail about px8 vs apm in your experience? I expect much more clear sound in px8, especially in live music

I'd be interested as well. A couple of people on the PX8 thread have noted that the PX8 lacks the real sub-bass of the APM meaning that the latter might be better for electronic music, but that the PX8 has a better and more natural sound for other genres.

I've really enjoyed my APM for electronic genres and I tend to listen to those styles more on headphones, but I'd be tempted to buy the PX8 as well if they are a significant step up for other types of music.

Nov 30, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #5,497 of 5,629

I'd be interested as well. A couple of people on the PX8 thread have noted that the PX8 lacks the real sub-bass of the APM meaning that the latter might be better for electronic music, but that the PX8 has a better and more natural sound for other genres.

I've really enjoyed my APM for electronic genres and I tend to listen to those styles more on headphones, but I'd be tempted to buy the PX8 as well if they are a significant step up for other types of music.

I did not do any detailed comparisons, but this would describe what I think about the difference quite well. I might have taken a second look at the Px8 if I’d need a headphone for any acoustical genre — but on headphones I listen to electronic music exclusively. And the APM does that more than adequately, while the Px8 falls a bit short in the deep bass as well as the treble department. Definitely not worth the premium over the APM, and for me not a good complement either.

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #5,500 of 5,629
are these worth it over the PX8?
Depends what you are after and do you live in Apple enviroment?
I had Max, haven't heard PX8 but measurements shows that PX8 is still normal B&W; boomy bass and so on.

Only reason why i sold my Max was that it leaks sound outside too much.

Max has good sq, but Airpods pro 2 gets close.

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #5,501 of 5,629

I'm still waiting to hear the Px8, but the consensus from those who have heard both is that the APM have got better ANC and much more extended sub-bass making them batter for EDM-type music, whilst the Px8 generally sound better for other types of music. As usual, a lot will be down to personal taste.

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #5,502 of 5,629
Depends what you are after and do you live in Apple enviroment?
I had Max, haven't heard PX8 but measurements shows that PX8 is still normal B&W; boomy bass and so on.

Only reason why i sold my Max was that it leaks sound outside too much.

Max has good sq, but Airpods pro 2 gets close.
I think the APP2 sound better than the Max. But everyone’s tastes are different

Dec 6, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #5,503 of 5,629
I think the APP2 sound better than the Max. But everyone’s tastes are different
That could be so. I'm not sure which is better, but i like APP2 a lot.
It's been long time now since i had Max.

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #5,504 of 5,629
I’ve sent my Px8 back and kept the APM (which I’ve had before). I do love my subbass, while I really dislike midbass — which is more pronounced on the Px8. Which is a nice headphone, looks and build quality are good (the logos are too big though for that price bracket), but it did not add anything for me and was in danger of becoming the next unused expensive Gadget waiting for being sold on.

I do like the APP2 quite a bit, plus they cost about half of the APM and are much more portable… well worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back