AirPods Max
Mar 19, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #5,206 of 5,629
That is good to know, thank you. I've been looking into AirPods Pro vs Fit Pro to 'Share' from my Apple TV for my girlfriend when watching movies. It is annoying that only H1 head/ear phones can be used for dual Bluetooth but it is what it is. Fit Pro it is then!

Whilst the APM don't dig super deep in the bass, they do have excellent slam, which is something I find most earphones can't match. Basic physics I suppose. Over ear have bigger drivers in bigger enclosures. Compared to regular headphones, I think the APM do a good job with movies. With spatial/Atmos turned off, the movie definitely sounds more closed in to my ears.

How is the Fit Pro's ANC compared to AirPod Pro, and indeed APM?
APM has better ANC than Fit pro and APP. Fit pro's ANC is the same with APP, which generally is not the best out there, still ok though. There are other TW earphones which are more capable in canceling noise, aided maybe by their passive cancelation as well.

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #5,207 of 5,629
Well the APM is definitely not bloated and has quite a bit of sub bass. You'll feel impacts and punches very well. The more delicate and subtle texturing/detailing you get in the bass kind of gets lost though. It's also not very fast, but neither was the Panda IMO.

V-Moda also recently announced their M-200 ANC which is supposed to be voiced between the M-100 Master and the M-200 which might also make it a contender as well for this sort of sound signature. Although the M-100 was known for being a basshead's headphone, the M-100 Master strayed far from that sort of sound signature (if you look at the measurements) being much better balanced and the M-200 straying even further being almost dead-on neutral. All this is kind of speculative though as it hasn't been released yet and will use a different driver to the M-200.
Everytime I see someone wearing air pods I weep bitterly on the inside. Im compelled to help them understand how much better everything it could be

Mar 21, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #5,211 of 5,629
For bluetooth headphones, really not much better if at all mate.
Ananda BT, Deva (Pro), Panda, Mobius, P7 Wireless... BT adapted IEMs. Granted none of these have ANC, I would say they all are either on par with the APM or better. I will admit YMMV depending on preferences and other things though. As for ANC BT headphones, they're hard to beat.

Mar 22, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #5,212 of 5,629
Everytime I see someone wearing air pods I weep bitterly on the inside. Im compelled to help them understand how much better everything it could be
For what they are, they are really good. I don’t see many alternatives with a match in features and sound quality, if any at all.

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #5,213 of 5,629
APM has better ANC than Fit pro and APP. Fit pro's ANC is the same with APP, which generally is not the best out there, still ok though. There are other TW earphones which are more capable in canceling noise, aided maybe by their passive cancelation as well.
I went ahead and bought the Fit Pro anyway as I had some Amazon vouchers to use up. Not as bad as I was expecting sound wise, but yeah, the ANC isn’t great - compared to APM at least. I might try some Comply type memory foam tips to get better physical isolation.

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #5,214 of 5,629
Everytime I see someone wearing air pods I weep bitterly on the inside. Im compelled to help them understand how much better everything it could
They were never £550 headphones, £350 at most but they’re still the most compelling choice for those in the Apple ecosystem. They have plenty of issues. Weight, condensation, stinky earpads, average battery life, stupid case, connectivity bugs and embarrassing to wear in public…..but I love ‘em!

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #5,215 of 5,629
stinky earpads
Yes! This! I've soaked them in detergent overnight, left them in the sun for 2 days, and the stink is still there~ I can smell it through my mask when I have them on. Zzz

Mar 22, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #5,217 of 5,629
I went ahead and bought the Fit Pro anyway as I had some Amazon vouchers to use up. Not as bad as I was expecting sound wise, but yeah, the ANC isn’t great - compared to APM at least. I might try some Comply type memory foam tips to get better physical isolation.
I really enjoy the sound on the beats fit pro. These and the APM are the only wireless sets I use for music listening anymore. You are right, I guess the foam tips will help with the passive noise cancelation factor, thus will give better isolation results. The only problem with foam tips is that they deteriorate quite fast generally, and that they feel uncomfortable to some. Enjoy your beats fit pro!

Mar 22, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #5,218 of 5,629
I really enjoy the sound on the beats fit pro. These and the APM are the only wireless sets I use for music listening anymore. You are right, I guess the foam tips will help with the passive noise cancelation factor, thus will give better isolation results. The only problem with foam tips is that they deteriorate quite fast generally, and that they feel uncomfortable to some. Enjoy your beats fit pro!
I used AET-07 tips with my BFP. Medium fits into the case tightly~

Mar 22, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #5,219 of 5,629
Yes! This! I've soaked them in detergent overnight, left them in the sun for 2 days, and the stink is still there~ I can smell it through my mask when I have them on. Zzz
I tried that too but it made it worse if anything, lol. Hopefully Apple will come up with some more material choices one day. The standard material seems to trap dirt and sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back