AirPods Max
Dec 17, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #691 of 5,629
Even with that setting, the sound signature is still V shape. The treble can be too hot at times.

Yes, this is true sometimes with this setting in the APM, and is one difference with the h95 where the treble is never offensive.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #692 of 5,629
So, I think I now understand why Apple went with the case they went with. Since the telescoping arms have so much resistance, I think they had the case only wrap around the cups so that you can keep the arms extended exactly where you want them. You don't have to shrink them down like a lot of headphones to fit in the case, and then extend them every time you take them out. I'm not saying that makes the case great...I'm just guessing this might have been part of their thinking.

There's an interview with some of the designers of the APM, which includes comments on the design of the case:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://casabrutus.com/design/167958

They considered only the cups as in need of protection, the headband being robust enough and doubling up as a handle. Yes, keeping the position is another positive aspect of that case. Though I still don't like it optically.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #693 of 5,629
They considered only the cups as in need of protection, the headband being robust enough and doubling up as a handle. Yes, keeping the position is another positive aspect of that case. Though I still don't like it optically.

Yes, great protection for the delicate mesh in the headband!

EDIT: I'm sorry but is really a problem spending only few seconds adjusting the headband when taking a headphone out of a case that is really protecting the headphones?!!! The APM case is so bad that even the cutout for the charging cable isn't aligning correctly!

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #694 of 5,629
The bigger issue I have with the case is that you have to use the case to turn it off.

I don’t use cases on my Bose 700’s even when I travel as I find they’re just bulky and take up more space. It’s more that I have to use the case for the APM’s for something as fundamental as power management.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #695 of 5,629
I deciding this morning that I waiting for the return of my AMP after I trying the Accessibility feature, so I calling UPS to stop the collection today.

The comfort problem for me is continuing. Yesterday is after 30 minutes that I starting feeling discomfort. Today I saying to myself I must waiting more time, but after one hour I'm thinking 'enough'! The discomfort specially outside of my right ear isn't nice and is little sweat too in both ears (the temperature in the room is only 19 degrees celsius! And the thing is that even before that, I can't stop feeling I'm having headphones on and this isn't a good thing, I can never forgetting this. This is NOT happening at all with my h95.

My plan this morning when I cancelling the return is that if the fit is better then I can selling finally my p7 wireless and sony xm3 and keeping both APM and h95 because of benefits of Apple ecosystem and the best ANC the APM is offering of all ANC headphones.

But no, the APM is now 110% definitely going back to Apple.

For the people that can spending more AND appreciating a more neutral/reference sound signature too, you must trying the h95. B&O always offering one month for trying free with free return shipping label. And remember that with the h95 you having a very premium aluminium case too, the h95 is possible folding for travels and is having double the battery life with anc/ambient (and more than 50 hours with ANC and ambient off) than APM and is including a premium 3,5mm cable and inline adapter too, and having aac and aptX adaptive. AND extremely important, the user experience is VERY clearly better for play/pause, next/previous track, volume and ANC/ambient than APM (with the external dials you can controlling the levels of ANC and ambient mode too).

I'm not a b&o fanboy at all, I returning quickly the h9, h9i and h9 3g because of sound signature problems, discomfort and frusrtrating user experience with touch controls. In the beginning I'm sceptical of the h95 but this headphone exceeding my expectation in various ways. Not one of the 30+ wireless (anc) headphones I owning and trying in the past is coming close to the complete package of the h95 (sound, user experience, design and construction quality. Only for the user experience I'm happy paying 150-200 euros more)
Agree with you on comfort front. But the thing that bug me with the H95 (aside from no Apple Care+ and will be impossible to get quick service), it's their line in port. For a headphone at that price level. The line in port is really really ugly on the silver version, maybe it's fine on the black version since it's black in black. But on Silver, it's really ugly.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #696 of 5,629
I'm sure 3rd parties are furiously drawing up plans for better cases, though it won't address the power-on/off issue. Maybe they'll design them to hold the included case as well a la candy bar bag carrying bags.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #697 of 5,629
Yes, great protection for the delicate mesh in the headband!

EDIT: I'm sorry but is really a problem spending only few seconds adjusting the headband when taking a headphone out of a case that is really protecting the headphones?!!! The APM case is so bad that even the cutout for the charging cable isn't aligning correctly!

Yes, I consider it quite a hassle to find the exact position again without markers. Its better with exakt positions (like the D9200 has) or at least marking, though I prefer to be able to leave it extended.
No, I don't like the design of the case either.
No, the headband is not delicate according to its designers.

As noted before I tend to not use cases for on-the-go headphones. But nowadays I only use in-ears on the go anyways.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #698 of 5,629
But the thing that bug me with the H95 (aside from no Apple Care+ and will be impossible to get quick service)

How many people buying Apple care equivalent for a headphone?? You have at least 3 years warranty in the h95.
The line in port is really really ugly on the silver version.

?? I don't sure what you saying here and this is the first time I hearing this type of comment about the h95!!

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #699 of 5,629
I'm sure 3rd parties are furiously drawing up plans for better cases, though it won't address the power-on/off issue. Maybe they'll design them to hold the included case as well a la candy bar bag carrying bags.

Its simple magnets that induce the deep sleep. There are already reports available on the exact positioning the switches, so I guess third party cases will include that functionalit.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #700 of 5,629
No, the headband is not delicate according to its designers.

Obviously not the strong parts of the headband, but the mesh, even when you're putting away the headphone you must be careful where you putting it. Imagine the mesh in rucksack with a lot of objects that maybe can damaging the mesh. I think this is very obvious! If isn't obvious for you...

The bigger issue I have with the case is that you have to use the case to turn it off.

Yes, this is very important inconvenience.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #701 of 5,629
Obviously not the strong parts of the headband, but the mesh, even when you're putting away the headphone you must be careful where you putting it. Imagine the mesh in rucksack with a lot of objects that maybe can damaging the mesh. I think this is very obvious! If isn't obvious for you...

Yeah, like if you're storing an open set of steak knives in your backpack and throw the headphones in upside down I am sure it will be a real problem.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #702 of 5,629
Obviously not the strong parts of the headband, but the mesh, even when you're putting away the headphone you must be careful where you putting it. Imagine the mesh in rucksack with a lot of objects that maybe can damaging the mesh. I think this is very obvious! If isn't obvious...

Once again, according to those people that designed that headband (including material selection and build process) it does not need protection. I'm not going to test that, but I would also never consider carrying a bulky case around.

My bags tend to not include knifes or scissors, so I guess they could survive.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #703 of 5,629
Yeah, like if you're storing an open set of steak knives in your backpack and throw the headphones in upside down I am sure it will be a real problem.

Steak knives probably not, but...oh, ok, never mind, the headband is perfect for you. Good.

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #704 of 5,629
Most people probably never actually use a case, so adding one would just be a huge waist of money and material.
I have a few which I never used. I just put the portable headphone I have in the front of my backpack when travelling, good enough and takes less room (travelling, pre-corona)
Apple will have done some investigation in the matter.
It wont take long for 3rd party cases to show up

Dec 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #705 of 5,629
How many people buying Apple care equivalent for a headphone?? You have at least 3 years warranty in the h95.

?? I don't sure what you saying here and this is the first time I hearing this type of comment about the h95!!
09EDF13F-B518-4629-9E2D-81E283B0AD3C.jpeg it really stuck out in the actual product. The headphone is not actually that big but the hole is not small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back