AirPods Max
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #4,846 of 5,629
Thank you. I am on 3C39
Keep them out of the case and near an iOS product that you own (shares Apple ID). It should update automatically eventually. Sometimes it helps to have it plugged in as well.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #4,848 of 5,629
Thank you, it just updated to latest firmware. Magic.

For Atmos via iOS iPad on AppleTV+ content do i need to turn on Spatial Audio?
You would need to turn on Spatial Audio on the iPad. I personally haven’t tested that setup though.

Sep 15, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #4,849 of 5,629
After 6 months with these, and being someone who tried a stupid number of headphones, I'm just so darn impressed Apple hit the mark so nicely with their first ever headphone.

You really appreciate, as you try more cans out, even high end (of my 3 mains these are by far the cheapest), how difficult it is to create an ergonomic design with a great fit, along with a sturdy build, and top notch controls. The controls on this thing are just insanely good, the digital crown is something I wish existed on every single headphone I own. It just makes so much more sense than the clicky, awkward buttons on every other headphone.

As usual with Apple, these are a masterclass in design really.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #4,850 of 5,629
After 6 months with these, and being someone who tried a stupid number of headphones, I'm just so darn impressed Apple hit the mark so nicely with their first ever headphone.

You really appreciate, as you try more cans out, even high end, how difficult it is to create an ergonomic design with a great fit, along with a sturdy build, and top notch controls. The controls on this thing are just insanely good, the digital crown is something I wish existed on every single headphone I own. It just makes so much more sense than the clicky, awkward buttons on every other headphone.

The Sub base to me is better then many £1000plus audiophile headphones i have listened to. It is tight, controlled and doesn’t muddy mids. That is amazing at this cheap price

Sep 15, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #4,851 of 5,629
Trying to choose what colour combination looks best on these? So many colours to choose from and can even have the ear cups different colours if you wish.

28932265-87F7-45C2-A4CA-243D86148C50.png
E3AD6192-9D2B-4EAB-84EF-9F7F62470AEE.png
1E0B35F7-611D-4C6A-812E-3D828D8CC06D.png

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #4,855 of 5,629
The Sub base to me is better then many £1000plus audiophile headphones i have listened to. It is tight, controlled and doesn’t muddy mids. That is amazing at this cheap price
I agree the bass is impressive but my B&O H9v3s dig a little deeper. There's a particular sub rumble on Royksopp's 'The Drug' 38 seconds in which the APM can't quite match. But in all other areas the APM is far superior, especially in slam and volume.

I wish Apple would just give us a system wide EQ on iOS & Mac OS, just to see what these bad boys are really capable of. The headphone accommodations are too subtle for my tastes. They put an eq in iTunes, but odd they won't give us one anywhere else. I'm sure a little boost in the 30hz region would match the H9s for extension.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #4,856 of 5,629
I agree the bass is impressive but my B&O H9v3s dig a little deeper. There's a particular sub rumble on Royksopp's 'The Drug' 38 seconds in which the APM can't quite match. But in all other areas the APM is far superior, especially in slam and volume.

I wish Apple would just give us a system wide EQ on iOS & Mac OS, just to see what these bad boys are really capable of. The headphone accommodations are too subtle for my tastes. They put an eq in iTunes, but odd they won't give us one anywhere else. I'm sure a little boost in the 30hz region would match the H9s for extension.
What about the EQ in iOS / Settings / Music - EQ?
Obviously not manual EQ control but predefined modes.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #4,857 of 5,629
Not sure I agree with you on that, considering their wired headphones bled more sound to everyone around the listener, compared to the ACTUAL listener. And the keyboard keys on the macbooks are loud as crap. Clacky clacky clacky. Some horrible, HORRIBLE design choices.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,858 of 5,629
Not sure I agree with you on that, considering their wired headphones bled more sound to everyone around the listener, compared to the ACTUAL listener. And the keyboard keys on the macbooks are loud as crap. Clacky clacky clacky. Some horrible, HORRIBLE design choices.
If you could find a single earbud design (non-IEM) that doesn’t leak sound, I’d like to know. They simply don’t exist because they are open systems on the front-end. The only sealed headphones that Apple has made are the ADDIEM, APM, and APP. They don’t leak too much (ADDIEM is wired). I will admit that the keyboards on their older butterfly design is very loud, but functionally they work really great IMO. It’s kind of hard going back once you start using it. That said, their butterfly design, both the old and newer are mechanical designs. Mechanical keyboards tend to be on the noisier side. A lot of people like mechanical keyboards for the tactility they offer, but that also comes with noise as well. This goes for any mechanical keyboard, not just Apple’s. There are some switches that are quieter than others, but it’s always a trade off between noise, tactile feel, and smoothness.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #4,859 of 5,629
Like with the AirPods Pro I am liking the Max more and more. Comfortable, convenient and sounding great.

51353180755_9d65ddad9f_k.jpg

51351421347_f827ca0576_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back