AirPods Max
Jan 27, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #2,791 of 5,629
Do you mean only on Apple TV+ programs?

Yes, the Apple TV+ subscription stuff. Keep in mind that Apple TV (the device), Apple TV (the app), and Apple TV+ (the subscription service) are all different things. Apple sure has a great naming scheme, right?

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,792 of 5,629
Anyone know how to lower the very loud connection notification sound?

I never found it to be absurdly loud. Another thing I always though is that it's possible that it used that sound to do some of its Adaptive EQ when you put on the headphones, but then I realized what happens when you try to put on the headphones without any pads on it (curiosity go the best of me)... Very high pitched screech sound which was odd.

Jan 27, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #2,794 of 5,629
Jan 27, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #2,795 of 5,629
Current gen? Nope... there’s no hardware in it that allows them to figure out each other’s positions. That’s why I’m still holding on to my 1st gen ATV and waiting for the refresh coming out supposedly this year.

So it's not going to be a firmware for the current ATV?

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #2,796 of 5,629
Just sharing that these are currently in stock at Amazon (silver and space gray as of right now).

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #2,798 of 5,629
Here are my impressions after a few days vs Senn M3.

Comfort. The Senn M3 are more comfortable on my head. The Airpod Max are very comfortable, no issues. I am guessing in summer heat the Senn M3 might be less comfortable on the pleather cusions.

Connectivity. For Apple devices the Airpod Max is fantastic especially transition from device to device. Better then the in ear Airpods even. Senn M3 only works well with 1 device. It is troublesome just like ever other non Apple BT headphone.

SOUND QUALITY

Low end Sub base
Both Apple Airpod Max and Senn M3 are better then most BT headphones for reaching low sub levels. Like others have observed the Airpod Max has cleaner low end.

Other Base
Regardless of levels on measurement these 2 headphones are opposite here. The Senn M3 has elevated Base, but can be equed. The Airpod Max is much lighter here and too light for my taste. Both headphones can be mare to distort with Hans Zimmer soundtracks.

Mids/Highs
AirPod Max is much more resolving here. No contest. However sometimes there is a bit of Sharpness to Airpod M - I expect this might smooth out over time.

Audio quality conclusions
AirPod M to my preference and ears beats Senn M3, Sony Wh1000xm3, bose 700, Bise QC35, Bowers Wilkins P5. These are headphones i have owned or own. basically for Bluetooth the Airpod Max suck less then other Bluetooth headphones.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #2,799 of 5,629

Comfort. The Senn M3 are more comfortable on my head. The Airpod Max are very comfortable, no issues. I am guessing in summer heat the Senn M3 might be less comfortable on the pleather cusions.

Connectivity. For Apple devices the Airpod Max is fantastic especially transition from device to device. Better then the in ear Airpods even. Senn M3 only works well with 1 device. It is troublesome just like ever other non Apple BT headphone.

SOUND QUALITY

Low end Sub base
Both Apple Airpod Max and Senn M3 are better then most BT headphones for reaching low sub levels. Like others have observed the Airpod Max has cleaner low end.

Other Base
Regardless of levels on measurement these 2 headphones are opposite here. The Senn M3 has elevated Base, but can be equed. The Airpod Max is much lighter here and too light for my taste. Both headphones can be mare to distort with Hans Zimmer soundtracks.

Mids/Highs
AirPod Max is much more resolving here. No contest. However sometimes there is a bit of Sharpness to Airpod M - I expect this might smooth out over time.

Audio quality conclusions
AirPod M to my preference and ears beats Senn M3, Sony Wh1000xm3, bose 700, Bise QC35, Bowers Wilkins P5. These are headphones i have owned or own. basically for Bluetooth the Airpod Max suck less then other Bluetooth headphones.

Thanks a lot! Enjoy your APM!

Jan 28, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2,801 of 5,629
One last thing. When Spatial Audio comes to AppleTV4k this will be a fantastic proposition even at this price. Brilliant
It wont come to AppleTV4K.

Jan 28, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #2,802 of 5,629

The momentum 3 don't having "pleather" earpads, they're genuine leather, and for this reason this headphone is one of very few headphones (always with leather earpads) that don't making my ears hot in uncomfortable level and never making my ears sweating like other headphones with artificial leather or the cloth material of the APM.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #2,803 of 5,629
Lol... i perspire into my Ultrasones with Ethiopian sheep leather or something... just as uncomfortable and non-breathable as pleather or faux leather...

The momentum 3 don't having "pleather" earpads, they're genuine leather, and for this reason this headphone is one of very few headphones (always with leather earpads) that don't making my ears hot in uncomfortable level and never making my ears sweating like other headphones with artificial leather or the cloth material of the APM.

Jan 28, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #2,804 of 5,629

yes Angelom, you are absolutely right on this, i also noted it on his comment, but I forgot to mention it later on my answer. For me the same, Senn M3 is the only headphone that does not make me sweat! Most probably the real leather, being natural and all, is not blocking air circulation. Whatever, it is quite impressive how generally comfortable the M3 is, i totally forget about it on my head!! Also i love their bass, it is big and reaches very very low, without screwing mids and highs. Since i am a low frequency lover, i got really impressed by it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back