AirPods Max
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #2,131 of 5,629
The living room needs additional localization infrastructure to interact with the headphones, probably in future product iterations. My guess is it will be cameras. I know about a camera company they quietly acquired which helps with living room depth perception, ~10M range. VR/AR and Autonomy share a lot of localization principles. The current apple TV has no inertial sensor or ability to assume it's at the end of your arm, which is about what the iPhone is doing to complement the sensor/compute packages in the H1.

However they chose to implement it, I hope we see it in the next Apple TV.

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #2,132 of 5,629
Jan 5, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #2,135 of 5,629
Jan 5, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #2,136 of 5,629
Are your sure?
Truly yes.
What's not captured, can't be pronounced. :wink:

On the "tiny" display of smartphones it looks great, but there's a (long?) way to DSLR/DSLM, ime.

Even against my Alpha 6400, every smartphone "sucks" in picture quality. :)

But they're not meant to be as good as such imaging devices, to be truth. :v:

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #2,137 of 5,629
Truly yes.

On the "tiny" display of smartphones it looks great, but there's a (long?) way to DSLR/DSLM, ime.

I didn't mention smartphones. You mentioned All the software in the world ? Line is blurring, at high speed. :wink:

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,138 of 5,629
Truly yes.

While I agree with the general sentiment but at the same time line has blurred last few years and will continue to happen going forward. Now, I don't carry my Nikon d750 as much with the whole shebang (lenses, tripod etc). As they say, best camera is the one you have in your pocket and iPhone cameras are truly awesome especially since 11Pro. Of course, you can't defy physics but in most cases the quality you get from iPhone is good enough for most people and could be printed up to A4 without issues. I am looking forward to AppleRaw and how it comes closer still to that exclusive DSLR domain. As a photographer, you must know how important RAW images are and if you are able to take RAW on your camera and edit in Lightroom on your iPad, I would say that's a pretty slick workflow. And even if you skip that part image with Apples own image processing are pretty good without any touch ups and could be at times compared to my DSLR photos (I am not talking about pixel peeping but picture as a whole).

There are cases where you need DSLR, no way an iPhone could replace my 105mm macro lens at least for the foreseeable future but how many people care about it? People hardly print these days so the line is being blurred all the time with developing tech as well as changing habits.

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2,139 of 5,629
I'm not denying that technology advancements are great and all. But you still can't get past physics :) this is not about what is "good enough" for people or small A5 prints, or lines being blurred.

Anyway, to get back on topic, my APM are kinda buggy right now. I hope they update the firmware soon

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #2,140 of 5,629
I can confirm the problem with condensation. I was walking with my dog for one hour, wearing a cap under the APM. The Foto shows the
4175D51F-E15F-4DB5-8BD4-A62F30C08ACD.jpeg

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #2,141 of 5,629
This is not really accurate, the iPhone 12 pro max is nowhere close a DSLR. All the software in the world can't get past physics.

that really depends on the type of photos of you take. Sure, wide angle, telephoto, certain effects like background blur it’s not going to have the flexibility. (Although apples algos are pretty good) I do a lot of ‘street photography’ not people, but scenes and things I find while walking. I print in moderate sizes in black and white.When I shoot on film or digital I shoot at high aperture to keep things in focus. When properly printed it’s difficult to tell the difference between dark room prints, my dlsr/mirrorless and my iPhone. If anything the film prints stand out more because it’s difficult to get the depth of field I want on them.

I short fixed focal length lenses slightly wider than 50mm. Generally 24-40mm, so the iPhone’s main lens works out very well.

Most people compare these zoomed up on their monitor which rarely how photos are actually viewed.These super high resolution cameras, in general, capture far more detail than you print. And it doesn’t even matter so much when printing large. The viewing distance is normally farther away. Modern cameras also tend to be too clean when you print. The images look plasticky. You actually need to add noise (think film grain) to make them look better in a print.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #2,142 of 5,629
I didn't mention smartphones. You mentioned All the software in the world ? :wink:
Not me either. :wink:
@fabripav did, in regard to "smartphones. :wink:

On the other side i agree wit @msq123 .
The best camera is the one in your pocket. :)

btt
Maybe i'll order a Max to hear it myself.
My buddy is on IPhone 12 so i can judge them as intended by the manufacturer. :wink:
I'm curious about it as well.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #2,143 of 5,629
When I use the APM with my iPhone I use my audiogram. When I use my Apple Watch for listening to music, the APM switch to the factory setting. Is there a chance to use the audiogram when listening to music with the Apple Watch?

Jan 5, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,144 of 5,629
When I use the APM with my iPhone I use my audiogram. When I use my Apple Watch for listening to music, the APM switch to the factory setting. Is there a chance to use the audiogram when listening to music with the Apple Watch?

I don't see Audiogram settings anywhere for the Apple Watch. Try to request it with this. I know Apple does read them, but there's no guarantee they'll do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back