Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Dec 7, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #61 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
LOL! I know you didn't just bring out an A-team reference.
tongue.gif

...Because I pity the foo that done bring up a reference to the A-Tem. Tell em BA gonna getcha!

LOL
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #62 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
I'm not from Corvallis but can probably pick you up if Zemo can't.

Lets wait until christmas or so to work things out though
biggrin.gif

I will probably be stopping off in Salem as well so that I can grab Seeberg as normal, and I will be glad to taxi a couple of other folks home from the meet to their house in Portland aside from this (this means you Dev and Remmie...remmie...heloooo)

Yes! finally! it's the end of finals week!

Well don't worry about picking me up if you're not planning on stopping in corvallis. But yea, anyone in corvallis want to carpool or rent taxi bus together?
I might be able to take out the family van if i get it serviced before the meet. Needs alignment/balancing, new tires and struts.

I'll probably bring these to the meet:
senn hd-201
koss ksc-35
koss ksc-50
ebay creative ep-630
sony d-34 discman
xin supermini-3

Dec 15, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #63 of 115
I put a used CDP on layaway that might work out as a decent source, or at least as a transport. It's a low end Esoteric from some years ago. Looks like it is a rebranded Teac maybe. Anyhow, I will pick it up this weekend.

Dec 16, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #64 of 115
I'm going to try to list the old Bose speaker system that I had before joining HeadFi on Craigslist tonight, hopefully I can get rid of it before the meet because I found a Nikon D50 camera kit I want to get ASAP if the price I saw is accurate. I probably won't be bringing anything particularly new to the meet, just the equipement I have now, which has significantly changed- it's now primarily a Rio Karma(Home and Portable)-> Z-Audio Mu-> Sennheiser HD580. The only things I need to consider upgrading in the chain is to get a nice Y-splitter cable and maybe some HD600 grilles before the meet.

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 19, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #65 of 115
Alright- if the meet is still on for January 7th, then we've about three weeks left on the clock before meet day. Any new developments with the money pool or the meet location?

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #67 of 115
If five people pitched in $15 each, we'd have the meet ready to go I think. I'd paypal Dev the funds as soon as he needs them, and wonder who else might chip in (besides Budgie of course). If several people chipped in just a few bucks, that would be even better, like 7 people at $10 or so per person. Not a bad idea IMHO.

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 20, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #68 of 115
I'm happy to chip in and I'm looking forward to the meet. Let me know!
smily_headphones1.gif

Planning to bring: cans and amps in my sig. Maybe the NEC CD player, but it's nothing special, just to have an extra source there.

Dec 20, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #70 of 115
I'll definately contribute if I can make it. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out very near the 7th, but I should recover in time. I think they're comming out three days before the meet. Here hoping for a fast recovery!!

Dec 20, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #71 of 115
I'm not worried about getting money way in advance, you can contribute at the meet if you want (even paypal at the meet if you want to, we should have wireless internet).

As usual I'm trying to bring in an outsider or two. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing/seeing budgie's new creations.

Giga, I've added the location info to my first post since that appears to be final. If you could trim out the old time discussion stuff out of your first post it should show up high enough on the page for people to see.

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #73 of 115
cause I am tired of not having a decent comparison with the stock beyer 880s, certainly not my re-cabled 880s, vs the 701s.

Ahhh,
and Merry Christmas if I forget to log on on the 25th to post or some of you are out of town when I do.

~Gigs

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #75 of 115
I'm sure I'll be stuck here in Salem as usual, although last year I had a blast over in Idaho for the week following Christmas(though unfortunately that's right when the tsunami happened). I'm looking forward to any HD600/650's that might be at the meet, as I wonder how my HD580's stack up in comparison, as well as with metal grilles and cable upgrades. Why? Rather than getting new headphones, I'd rather make the headphones I have better. That, and I should get myself some more opamps soon, but the one major thing I lack at the moment is a decent Y-cable to go from my Karma dock to my Mu amplifier.

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back