Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Dec 23, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #91 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
you're permaneantly on a budget 'yil uou have your trilogy published heh.
I've read that the HF-1s don't have a bright edge, so they make the shootout as well if my ears can bear them. The Grado soundstage was too engaging to forget.

Hehe, perhaps. It's a four parter, by the way. Beginning, sequel, prequel, finale- that's the order. And you and RickG are first in line for advance copies as soon as I announce the first installment if you're up for a good read- this applies also to all members of the Oregon meets. It's just some minor editing that I need to finish, along with some art I need to add for the front cover of the book(which will be in the .doc file, since I'm doing a CD based print run). From there, I need to see if there are any additional copyright safeguards I should take before announcing it to HeadFi, for my safety. As soon as these tasks are finished, it'll be time. And then it won't be long before I'm rich enough to get me a fleet of some crunk'd out, bling'd up Orpheuses!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 23, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #92 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
*****Meet Time/Location Information*****

Date: Saturday, 01/07/06
Time: Early, all day (Exact start time TBD, 10 am perhaps?)
Place: The Pacific Conference - 18121 SE River Rd,
Milwaukie, OR 97267 - Map

Guidelines: There will be information on what building to go to available at the main office. Please do not drive through the grounds aimlessly as people live there as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's a kitchen so you can brink soda, juice, food etc. If you wish to prepare something, bring your needed utensils and please clean up after yourself.

No alcohol is allowed on the grounds, please do not bring any with you, or you will be asked to leave. We will probably go out for dinner, etc as a group afterwards, so save it for then.

Bring your gear and power strips/cleaners/whatever, and money for food. There will be plenty of tables and chairs available, unless you feel like bringing your own office chair or lazyboy
smily_headphones1.gif

We will try to set up a side room as a quiet room, please respect it as such, and smack me if I forget to keep my mouth shut.
wink.gif

Total cost for the location for the day is $75, contributions are appreciated.

PM me with any questions.

Hey All,

Is all of this info still current. I would like to be there if it is.

Larry

Dec 23, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #93 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by binary_digit
Hey All,

Is all of this info still current. I would like to be there if it is.

Larry

Yes, I just updated that a couple days ago.

Dec 24, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #94 of 115
Well, merry Christmas to me, a Supermini-3 was just delivered to my door. Guess I will have a portable amp for the meet after all.
580smile.gif

Edit: damn tiny little thing.

Dec 26, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #96 of 115
There is only one supermini-3, which is the latest. As I said, I just got it yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have a supermacro v3 (latest is supermacro-3 v6), which I will be sending in for enhancements, but not a full upgrade to the v6 model.

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #99 of 115
Happy new year all. I thought I'd bump the thread to keep it alive! And with a new year comes a new obsession: I can't stop thinking about the K340's that everyone sees to say have such a unique sound. Bah! I want to hear these. I'd buy em if I could find em!! See you all soon (and I'll be bringing a friend (its a girl!!))

-Slep

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #101 of 115
I will also bring some extra tubes for the front end of the tube amp so people can try a little tube rolling. 12ax7,12at7,12au7's.

Jan 3, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #103 of 115
I will need a ride home after dinner probably but should be fine for getting there. I plan on being there to open the doors sometime before 10am.

Jan 5, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #105 of 115
I will be driving in from Bend Saturday a.m. If anyone needs a ride from Central Oregon or anywhere along the way in (Hwy 97/26), let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back