Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Dec 22, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #77 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
ahh too bad born2bwire won't be there: he has a raging 650 setup that made me envious of senns for the first time.

It's a real shame you didn't hear the recabled 650s/Headroom Max at the headroom meet, that was quite lovely.
600smile.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #78 of 115
It seems like everything is rolling along.

Do we have a tenative equipmentlist? Perhaps this could be appended to the first post as well?

I'll be bringing 325i, MS-1, KSC-50, ER6i, my notebook and a DVD player. Hopefully others with have some better sources.
lambda.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #80 of 115
DT880
K501
HF-1
(SR-125 maybe. Hopefully I can sell it before the meet)
AE-1
6" mini mini carda from headroom

I want to hear:
some tubes!
HD650
K701
SA5k

Dec 22, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #81 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
HF-1

That made me do a double take. I gots to hear me one of those!
rs1smile.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 22, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #82 of 115
Quote:

Micro Stack
Cardas cabled beyer 880s (old model)
the 230 dollar 1/4 to 1/4 cable I won in the Katrina raffle (currently in JB's possession)
MD33-s's for the Iaudio M3L

Nah dude, they're regular RCA interconnects, not 1/4". I thought I told you that already, I guess not.

Anyways, I'll have my SA5000's there... all be it broken. Haven't confirmed it with Zemo yet, but I'm hoping to have them recabled at the meet.
icon10.gif
I'll have my HR-2 and Larocco Pocket Reference II. I probably won't bring my computer this time, unless we need more sources and someone actually wants to listen to an X-fi. I guess I could install the EMU 1212m before the meet if someone was interested. Alternatively, if anyone wants to buy my 1212m I could let it go for pretty cheap. I'll have my Zu Pivot mini to RCA as well as an RnB Black Diamond mini to mini interconnect. I'll also bring my UM2, e2c, and Audio Technica ATH-A900's. I was considering buying the AD2000's, but I think I want to listen to the K701's before making another headphone purchase. I have yet to hear an AKG and I've been dying to.

Dec 22, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #83 of 115
welp, i'd like you to install the 1212 so we can do that Dac shootout and see how the headroom and 1212 do with the k501, 701 and 880s, for the re-cabled 880s and k701s will be at about the same price-point.
Can't wait to write the review; i'm going to have to do a draft or two..

(/me rubs his hands together like Boris from Rocky and Bulwinkle)

Dec 22, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #84 of 115
Quote:

welp, i'd like you to install the 1212 so we can do that Dac shootout and see how the headroom and 1212 do with the k501, 701 and 880s, for the re-cabled 880s and k701s will be at about the same price-point.
Can't wait to write the review; i'm going to have to do a draft or two..

(/me rubs his hands together like Boris from Rocky and Bulwinkle)

Will do. Maybe I'll install it in my server and bring that instead. The case is smaller and slightly easier to carry around. Plus, I honestly like the way my setup is right now and it would be a real pain to have to uninstall my x-fi drivers and then install my EMU. I'll just take my music HD out of my main system before I head down there. BTW Gigabomber, you have a PM coming
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #85 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
I want to hear:
some tubes!

Ditto.

At a minimum I should have:
XCD-88 (should be OPA627 upgraded by meet)
M³, this time w/ AD843s because they sound better w/ K701
MicroDAC
K701
SA5000
Cables galore (most of you have seen them - cardas hpi, DIY starquad extensions, RnB mini-RCA, Straitwire mini-RCA, etc)

I may bring my frankensenns as well, to see what they sound like side by side with real 580s/600s. I've actually been using them and my old home-vibe quite a bit at work.

I may send my supermacro in to Xin for tweaking before the meet, and probably won't have the mini by then, so probably no portable amps from me.

Anyone want to buy my A700s?

Dec 22, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #87 of 115
Quote:

budgie said he built that custom tube amp that he mentioned two meets ago cause Seeberg and I said we hadn't heard tube once, so we are covered there.

Tubes? HF1? Damn, what more can we ask for? Electrostats
lambda.gif
!

I'd love to build a tube amp, but what's the minimum I'd have to pay to build my own and make the tubes rollable? Hmmmm....

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 22, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #88 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Tubes? HF1? Damn, what more can we ask for? Electrostats
lambda.gif
!

I was able to briefly sample the Omega IIs in BC a couple weeks ago... link ...all I have to say, is that someone in our group has got to pony up for some of those.
lambda.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #89 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I was able to briefly sample the Omega IIs in BC a couple weeks ago... link ...all I have to say, is that someone in our group has got to pony up for some of those.
lambda.gif

Ooooooo, Omega! I am full of envy
biggrin.gif
Actually if I do decide to get a next pair of headphoones, I want to go with a pair of Lamda's if I can, with an energizer to drive them until I can properly drive them with tubes. Only thing is, where can I get a pair or preowned Lambdas with an energizer for uber cheap?
(I'm permanently on a strict budget...)

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back