Again, looking for a decent set of Hi Fi headphones, PLEASE HELP
Oct 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KuKuBuKu

500+ Head-Fier
I really want some good headphones and need some help finding them.
I'm looking for accuracy over color for now, preferably open headphones, with lots of depth and a very good, wide soundstage. Clear treble, not overly bright and deep bass, but not head thumping, no sort of bass boosting, I want it to be natural. It is also important that these should be good for all kinds of music, as I listen to almost every genre, and what is "it" for me can change frequently. Don't list anything with almost unampable impedance. My budget is at the very most, 300, under 250 is ideal. Source will be either a CD player or cassette deck, perhaps both. Fire away.

-KuKu

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 3
The Sennheiser HD600 and the Beyerdynamic DT880 (600 ohm) seem like good options for the sound characteristics you describe, but unfortunately they don't meet your impedance requirement.  Of all the headphones I've tried, the DT880/600 is probably best for the sound you're looking for, but there's no way you can run them without a headphone amp.

Maybe look into the 32-ohm version of the DT880?  I can't comment on their sound, but they might be an option to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back