Aftermarket MMCX Balanced Cable
Aug 1, 2018 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

EzequielFriscia

Head-Fier
Hello there,

I got in my hands yesterday a pair of Fiio F9 Pro, totally happy about them.
Id like to know if you have a suggestion for an aftermarket balanced 2.5mm cable or an extension and possible longer without breaking the bank, between 2 and 3 meters.

I found these but still are 1.2mt, eitherway I would not know if they are anygood.
https://www.amazon.ca/Brainwavz-Ear...3136058&sr=8-1&keywords=brainwavz+cable+candy

Id totally appreciate the help.

Aug 2, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 12
I think for MMXC you are best to go Chinese/aliexpress. Just search for MMCX and you find 8-core silver/gold/whatever plated designs, often with eidolic plugs even. Some are $20 some are $80+. Go with one that looks good :)

Aug 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 12
Aug 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 12
They look awesome hahaha, I was doubting about the quality and about the fact they would actually make the headphone drop because of the weight, but guess I can put them around the ear as stock cables?

It should be fine, they might look better on picture than in actuality though but for $20 range you can't really go wrong, right!

Aug 9, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 12
I think for MMXC you are best to go Chinese/aliexpress. Just search for MMCX and you find 8-core silver/gold/whatever plated designs, often with eidolic plugs even. Some are $20 some are $80+. Go with one that looks good :)

This is what I do also. However, all AliExpress cables I've tried (dozen or so, up to 40USD) break down in no less than 6 months of daily use.

So be prepared to find one that you like and then buy a stock of them.

Many sellers sell one cable for a while, fold up and try another.

The best cables I found are nowhere to be found anymore on AliExpress (the ones that lasted the longest).

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 12
This is what I do also. However, all AliExpress cables I've tried (dozen or so, up to 40USD) break down in no less than 6 months of daily use.

So be prepared to find one that you like and then buy a stock of them.

Many sellers sell one cable for a while, fold up and try another.

The best cables I found are nowhere to be found anymore on AliExpress (the ones that lasted the longest).
I would love to see a high quality 3.5mm extension cable. With BT Reciver / DACs like the BTR3, UP2, and ES100 it’s great to have a short MMCX cable to attach to BT receiver / DAC . So instead of constantly switching cables, it would be great to have .5M and 1M high quality Silver Cable that we could use to keep the short cable attached to the IEMs and then just extend it when you to plug straight into a DAP. Anyone know of anything like this and where to find it. I've scoured Aliexpress and Amazon and just found cheap extension cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back