Aftermarket KSE amp/DAP?
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aegwyn11

New Head-Fier
Apologies if I should have done a better job searching before posting this!

Is there such a thing as an aftermarket amp (or even better, DAP) that can directly power the KSE's? I LOVE my KSE1200's, but hate having to dink with the amp. I know there are different IEMs...not really interested in buying more IEMs right now. But I am considering a new DAP (for other reasons), so wondering if there's an option that will allow me to use my KSEs more.

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 9
Bump. I have the same question. Is it just a matter of an adaptor?

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 9
I won't hold my breath for one.
Ok. Then what iems compete but dont need the energizer? Particularly want better soundstaging. And portable is not a thing for me. Just best sq. 1200s are great but that energizer has to be the weak link

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Ok. Then what iems compete but dont need the energizer? Particularly want better soundstaging. And portable is not a thing for me. Just best sq. 1200s are great but that energizer has to be the weak link
Can't help you much on that as I kinda stop looking at IEM for the last few years.

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 9
If portability isn't an issue and you want the same (electrostatic) sound but with better soundstaging, the next step is probably a full-sized electrostat (the Stax SR-009, maybe).

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 9
If portability isn't an issue and you want the same (electrostatic) sound but with better soundstaging, the next step is probably a full-sized electrostat (the Stax SR-009, maybe).
I have some ok headphones but most of my listening is done while working and i have a stand up desk with a treadmill and i sweat on normal headphones. So iems are kind of what i can do. Kse1200 is great. Just got some dough to upgrade and that energizer seems like a good spot of possible

Nov 12, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #9 of 9
I have some ok headphones but most of my listening is done while working and i have a stand up desk with a treadmill and i sweat on normal headphones. So iems are kind of what i can do. Kse1200 is great. Just got some dough to upgrade and that energizer seems like a good spot of possible
Did you ever find a suitable suggestion by chance? I also love the KSE's, but in my case the bulbous Shure design prohibits a good seal with my ears so I've been hunting for something comparable and coming up empty

BTW, nice avatar - strange coincidence I started listening to Elizium last week for the first time in 20+ years. It just popped into my head like "oh yeah! Totally forgot about that one...". I don't think I ever heard another goth band, ever, that did bass-forward mixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back