Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Jan 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #106 of 225
  Considering you're from The Netherlands I'd look into Forza Audioworks from Poland! Matez has great customer servie, great prices and great quality cables!

thanks , i ordered them from HDPHNS.com which is a webshop in the netherlands . but i already returned the fiio RC-WT1 due to the micro phonics.
  This thread has not been updated in a very long time, that being said:

For under $100, you are looking for something from BTG-Audio, Effect Studio or Null Audio Studio. All have a good reputation (AFAIK) with build quality and bang for your buck.

EDIT: Check with Headphone Lounge as well, it appears they are under $100 for some of their cables and I can personal vouch for quality.

cool thanks for the recommendation. i actually went straight for the Silver poison snatched one from the secondary market.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #107 of 225
We do currently have a selection of cables with the overmolder having mics fitted on, we should have them by the end of the month i hope. Will be a similar mic to the one's on the JH cables.

We did offer cables with mics early last year as some of you know, but had to stop offering them for some time, due to how time consuming it was to fit.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #108 of 225
We do currently have a selection of cables with the overmolder having mics fitted on, we should have them by the end of the month i hope. Will be a similar mic to the one's on the JH cables.

We did offer cables with mics early last year as some of you know, but had to stop offering them for some time, due to how time consuming it was to fit.

hi frank,

any estimated date on the shipment date of SW iem cables?

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #110 of 225
Has anyone tried linum cable by estron? Tiny cable but looks strength enough. It used for cosmic ears ciem too. I found them in jaben store with 3 different type. For around $70, I think they beat fiio cable easily.

May 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #112 of 225
  An update for the list, CustomArt no longer makes cables so the Copper Two is no longer available.

This list is clearly listed by the last date it has been updated. I am no longer maintaining this list as I do not have the time to review it all and add new additions in the market. I originally made this listing when I was in the market for a CIEM cable and decided to take the time to do a little bit extra to give it to the community at that point in time. 

May 4, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #113 of 225
  Has anyone tried linum cable by estron? Tiny cable but looks strength enough. It used for cosmic ears ciem too. I found them in jaben store with 3 different type. For around $70, I think they beat fiio cable easily.

The cables have a bit too much intrinsic resistance for audiophiles. Even the BaX version, which is rated at 1.4 ohms. That's a little better than stock cables, but any grade of OCC will beat that easily. At the same time, however, it's super flexible and light, so it feels like you're not wearing any cables at all. Thus, it works well as a stock cable replacement, and for musicians that need a stealthy stage look that hides their monitoring equipment.

May 16, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #114 of 225

Here's my review of them, for people who are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age

To me, they have a small amount of clarity improvement over the stock Westone EPIC2 cable, with about the same width of soundstage, but greater depth. YMMV.

The biggest advantage is that they weight next to nothing. It feels like you're not wearing cables at all!

May 16, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #115 of 225
thanks for the review, tomscy2000,
their resistance are too higher, indeed. but i think user have own perception about each version depend on sound match with their iem. I have a pair of heir 4.ai, and I replace stock cable with the linum vocal version, due to it has more mid range presence over than the rest. happily, I got it with a good price too, around $50
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Here's my review of them, for people who are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age

To me, they have a small amount of clarity improvement over the stock Westone EPIC2 cable, with about the same width of soundstage, but greater depth. YMMV.

The biggest advantage is that they weight next to nothing. It feels like you're not wearing cables at all!

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #116 of 225
Hello all!!!
I have already ordered a pair of 1964 ears' V6-stage and thinking to get a aftermarket cable for it.
Preferably want to get a cable with mic and remote (I know that there are no many options.)
I am also considering about the cable w/ remote from JH audio, but not sure whether it's gonna fit with 1964 ears.
If anyone has tried it before please give a comment! Thanks!! 

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #117 of 225
  Hello all!!!
I have already ordered a pair of 1964 ears' V6-stage and thinking to get a aftermarket cable for it.
Preferably want to get a cable with mic and remote (I know that there are no many options.)
I am also considering about the cable w/ remote from JH audio, but not sure whether it's gonna fit with 1964 ears.
If anyone has tried it before please give a comment! Thanks!! 

Can't help you on a cable with an in-line mic, I've been looking for one myself. But if you want one without a mic that feels amazing and works with 1964 CIEM, I recommend one of the Estron Linum cables. I have the Music and it's wonderful with my 1964Q.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #118 of 225

Can't help you on a cable with an in-line mic, I've been looking for one myself. But if you want one without a mic that feels amazing and works with 1964 CIEM, I recommend one of the Estron Linum cables. I have the Music and it's wonderful with my 1964Q.

Thanks AxelCloris for recommendation!
I will consider it as a one of my choice, but if it is the cable w/o the mic there are tons of good cables out there in the market (I guess...).
Well... it is always hard to get a cable that really fits one specific IEMs...

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #120 of 225
Hello and thanks for this guide complete and accurate. 
I just bought a AK100 II with balanced output, my two are the Westone IEM W40 and Sony XBA H3 ... how can I use this exit with profit? there is a trade a balanced cable suitable for my needs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back