Aftermarket cables for the HE-6/ HE-500 etc.
Mar 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #121 of 186
I did receive my Toxic Poison Pure OCC Silver cable from Frank for my HE-500 a couple of days ago.
Directly when I started listening to it, all I could say was wow, everything in the SQ went up one notch compared to how the original stock silver cable did sound.

I have not been listening to any other aftermarket cable, but if you are looking for a new one I would recommend you to take a closer look at this cable.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #122 of 186
Who makes a good cable for HE-5LE? I know the concept of buying another man's cable being who I am is dumb but I want to support the other people in the industry from time to time. I'm also curious where my stuff stands, but thats a moot point.

Just a short list with some pluses and minuses of each one would be really helpful guys, thanks.

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #124 of 186

Quote:
How 'bout some DIY?

Yeah I was thinking of buying a bundle of Nucleotide to make a few, but I kinda like the look of everybody else's cable with the custom heatshrink and stuff

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #126 of 186

Quote:
I built myself 3 cables for my HE-6. I've used 3 different wires available online for DIY:

- DHC Nucleotide (8-wire braid, 4 for each channel)
- Silver Dragon V3
- Black Dragon V2

I'll try to post some impressions once my HE-6 arrive. :wink:

I figure with the most current running through them, any audio cable would allow the most possible sonic difference. With speakers, it's hard to tell since so much of it gets lost to the air.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #128 of 186
Has anybody owned and compared both the Q-Cable Q French Silk and Norse Norn 2 8 conductor cable?  I'm in the market for an aftermarket cable and these seem to be similar style, both are Litz cables, and similarly priced.  Also I'm wondering why I haven't found single strand 18-20 awg replacement cables, I understand the cabling would be difficult to manage but correct me if I'm wrong wouldn't a heavier gauge single cable be less resistant and hence carry more musical information.  My speaker cables, from Audioquest are this style, and although they are unwieldy they made an immediate improvement over the multi-strand speaker cable they replaced.

Thanks,

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #130 of 186
Living near Fort Lauderdale, I was able to have a custom Wireworld cable fabricated for my HE-6..
It is actually their 4 conductor Silver Eclipse interconnect (DNA\Helix conguration)
The silver\copper of this cable is a perfect match for the HE-6.

The cable is a bit thick, but the sound that flows through it is just tremendous..
Deep black silence with gorgeous sonics..

Joe

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #131 of 186
Recently I received a new pair of HE-6. I was curious to hear what differences there were between an aftermarket and the original. So I took it over to compare with a pair that was hardwired with a 24 conductor pair. It was opposite what I expected. I thought having more conductors would be easier drive. Instead I found the stock pair was easier to drive and was noticeably louder. There was a difference in the two pairs of HE-6s as the older pair sounded more refined vs raw. So I'm giving the new pair a week of non stop use to remove any break in possibilities and will try it again.

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #132 of 186
Quote:
Living near Fort Lauderdale, I was able to have a custom Wireworld cable fabricated for my HE-6..
It is actually their 4 conductor Silver Eclipse interconnect (DNA\Helix conguration)
The silver\copper of this cable is a perfect match for the HE-6.

The cable is a bit thick, but the sound that flows through it is just tremendous..
Deep black silence with gorgeous sonics..

Joe

This has been my experience as well with the Reign 24.

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #133 of 186
So I wonder, how does one determine which cable to buy as the replacement of the original stock cable of the HE-500 ?

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #134 of 186
Quote:
IMO to me there was no difference in sound.  Only difference was in the looks.

That's just me..

I know this is going back a bit but....

Obviously your gear isn't high enough quality to hear the difference!!!! 
beyersmile.png

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #135 of 186
Well I just ordered my 2nd a-100 and my 2nd pair of Mad Dogs, this time with a Skuld v2, 8 conductor hardwired balanced cable.  Going to add the Jkenny Ciunas DAC to this rig.  

The amp is only $189 - still not high end enough?  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back