Aftermarket cables for the HE-6/ HE-500 etc.
Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #91 of 186
I changed the name of the thread. Anyone have an objection or better suggestions? I figure the thread might get some more conversation if its scope is opened a bit.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #92 of 186
Here is my current HE-6 cable - MS Audio laboratory hybrid silver and copper cable. It looks not very good, but the sound is what important and in terms of sound it beat my Silver Dragon which my friend reterminated to LCD-2 soon after I bought MS Audio cable, because I didn't listened HE-6 with Silver Dragon anymore. So here the fotos, though I don't think that you will like the looks of it 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #93 of 186
I just got this one. It's a Norce UP OCC cable with adapter so I can use it for the LCD-2 and the HE-500 at the same time.
Awesome looking and sounding

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #96 of 186
The left channel on my stock HE-6 cable has just died after eight months. For a horrible moment I thought the driver had died until I changed the contacts. The problem seems to be in the black plastic section, because the volume cuts back in if wiggled.

I can get it replaced, but I think it's time to get that Q cable I've had my eyes on. Ideally I want to get a hard-wire done and bypass the connectors altogether. Happened once, it can happen again.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #98 of 186
Trevor form Norse audio made me a one of a kind 8-wire HE cable...i guess i am the first owner to own these babies...the sound is amazing it adds more body to my HE-500 vocal and bringing it more forward, mids are quite the same but its a bit thicker now and the bass had more THUMPH then before..These are the most beautiful cable i have ever seen and own...light as a feather and very very flexible...its just amazing..

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #99 of 186
I'm hoping to have my HE-500 by the end of the week.  I will let you know how the Moon Audio Silver Dragon compares to the stock cable.

Probably a lot more owners of the LCD-2 than the HE-500, though the price difference should be in favor of the HE-500.  

Quote:
Too bad this thread isn't as popular as the LCD-2 aftermarket cable thread. Come on guys! :wink:

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #100 of 186
I had the Norn Norn with my LCD-2.  Fantastic litz cable.  I wanted to try another maker this time around to get a new flavor but I may eventually think about the Norse adapter system that allows one to go between Hifiman and Audeze. 

Quote:
Trevor form Norse audio made me a one of a kind 8-wire HE cable...i guess i am the first owner to own these babies...the sound is amazing it adds more body to my HE-500 vocal and bringing it more forward, mids are quite the same but its a bit thicker now and the bass had more THUMPH then before..These are the most beautiful cable i have ever seen and own...light as a feather and very very flexible...its just amazing..

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #101 of 186

Quote:
I'm hoping to have my HE-500 by the end of the week.  I will let you know how the Moon Audio Silver Dragon compares to the stock cable.

Probably a lot more owners of the LCD-2 than the HE-500, though the price difference should be in favor of the HE-500.  

Looking forward to that!

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #102 of 186

Quote:

Great cable and pic!!

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #103 of 186

Quote:
I had the Norn Norn with my LCD-2.  Fantastic litz cable.  I wanted to try another maker this time around to get a new flavor but I may eventually think about the Norse adapter system that allows one to go between Hifiman and Audeze. 

Exactly what I am using :)

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #105 of 186

Quote:

I have some Beyer T1's I bought from Moon Audio with Black Dragon cable. Build and sound wise I have no complaint, but I've always found them a bit heavy. That's why I'm looking at the Q cable, especially with orthos. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back