Aftermarket cables for the HE-6/ HE-500 etc.
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #106 of 186
Luckily, mole for mole, Ag is lighter than Au 
biggrin.gif

But, I will see if I can live with the weight.  There is a decent discount when you purchase both the headphone and cable from Moon so I opted for the combo.  

Quote:
I have some Beyer T1's I bought from Moon Audio with Black Dragon cable. Build and sound wise I have no complaint, but I've always found them a bit heavy. That's why I'm looking at the Q cable, especially with orthos. 

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #108 of 186

Quote:
I have HE500 on the way from moon audio with the black dragon v2, hopefully it will sound good
L3000.gif

I think that cable of silver is better for them than copper cable (silver put vocal on the front and make it more emotional and I think this is very good for HE-500... as well as LCD-2, which I selled recently (they were also with silver dragon cable, but with 4pin XLR connector)). But if you like "dark" sound then maybe copper will be better for you...

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #109 of 186
Hifiman is using silver in the stock cable so I figured I'd go with the Silver Dragon.  I did not find the Norse Norn Litz copper to be dark with the LCD-2 so I am fine trying out copper down the road as well with the HE-500.  This will be my first silver headphone cable so I'll play with Moon one for a while before ordering a copper version.

Quote:
I think that cable of silver is better for them than copper cable (silver put vocal on the front and make it more emotional and I think this is very good for HE-500... as well as LCD-2, which I selled recently (they were also with silver dragon cable, but with 4pin XLR connector)). But if you like "dark" sound then maybe copper will be better for you...

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #110 of 186

Quote:
Hifiman is using silver in the stock cable

The are... Now... but when I bought them for $899 they were giving some lame sturdy cable (one of the connecters of this cable have broken after a few connections/disconnections with headphones...) so I ordered it with Silver Dragon at once for additional $151...... and then hifiman make the price $699 and stock cable have becomed silver 
confused_face.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #111 of 186
Even though you ended up ordering the Silver Dragon, did Hifiman/Head-Direct send the early buyers of the HE-500 the updated silver cable for free?  

Quote:
The are... Now... but when I bought them for $899 they were giving some lame sturdy cable (one of the connecters of this cable have broken after a few connections/disconnections with headphones...) so I ordered it with Silver Dragon at once for additional $151...... and then hifiman make the price $699 and stock cable have becomed silver 
confused_face.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #112 of 186

Quote:
Even though you ended up ordering the Silver Dragon, did Hifiman/Head-Direct send the early buyers of the HE-500 the updated silver cable for free?  

It's a first time I'm reading something about this... I bought HE-500 from moon-audio and they didn't send me any message of this 
confused.gif

Anyway don't really need it, because I don't quite believe that hifiman would give good stock cable to their headphones (the stock cable of HE-4/500/6 make me do such a conclusion...)

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #114 of 186
Oh, I'm not saying Moon Audio would send a replacement stock cable, but if you had issues with the stock cable then maybe writing to Hifiman to get the new cable as a replacement.  I've always found their customer service to be good.  I don't know if they would but couldn't hurt to ask.

Quote:
It's a first time I'm reading something about this... I bought HE-500 from moon-audio and they didn't send me any message of this 
confused.gif

Anyway don't really need it, because I don't quite believe that hifiman would give good stock cable to their headphones (the stock cable of HE-4/500/6 make me do such a conclusion...)

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #115 of 186

Quote:
Oh, I'm not saying Moon Audio would send a replacement stock cable, but if you had issues with the stock cable then maybe writing to Hifiman to get the new cable as a replacement.  I've always found their customer service to be good.  I don't know if they would but couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm probably too lazy for that 
rolleyes.gif

P.S. I'm now more busy with building my electrostatic rig and now in the process of ordering Woo Audio GES with some upgrades (already bought STAX SR-507)... and also want to try how vinyl is sound (already ordered modded Lenco L75 and phono... will propably buy a few LP's on this weekends)..... so I'm pretty busy man 
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #116 of 186

Quote:

Well, I asked Drew and he adviced me to get the black dragon instead of the silver dragon on the he500. And after reading alot of impressions on the he500 I'm glad I did. I think the warmer copper cable will suit me better :)

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #119 of 186
Mar 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #120 of 186

Quote:
Hifiman is using silver in the stock cable so I figured I'd go with the Silver Dragon.  I did not find the Norse Norn Litz copper to be dark with the LCD-2 so I am fine trying out copper down the road as well with the HE-500.  This will be my first silver headphone cable so I'll play with Moon one for a while before ordering a copper version.

Got my Silver Dragon for the HE-500 a couple of days ago. HUGE improvement over the skinny, clear silver stock cable in terms of build quality. Can't say I notice a difference in SQ but I'll live with them for a while and if not, that's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back