after trading headphones...
Oct 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #16 of 50
a permanent trade is definitely assumed here, since no one said anything else. Even if he were to cover all shipping and refund you the shipping for the orginal trade that still sucks because of all the trouble you had to go through. I think it would only be fair to you if he also compensated you for the hassle on top of covering all and previous shipping, atleast thats my perspective. Imo you definitely owe him nothing, and are not doing anything wrong.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #17 of 50
Judging by your posts, it seems he hasn't made the biggest effort to entice you to trade back.
In my eyes, he is the one wanting to trade back, so he should make an effort, such as paying for shipping on both products, then you could just sell your 701's and buy some HD600's and not lost out at all maybe

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #19 of 50
I asked him for a reason and it has to do with the cosmetics, although he saw pics he says the "odor and hairs" are bothering him. I offered to get him new K701 pads. Can you install them yourself? I don't want him to be unhappy with the trade, but I also want to keep the 600's. I hope we can sort this out. In my last pm to him, I offered to pay for the replacement pads.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #20 of 50
it sounds like this was a permanent trade - i.e., he basically purchased your headphones and you purchased his. assuming nothing was misrepresented, there is no basis for a return or exchange. if anyone is unhappy with what he received, then he can sell or trade the item to someone else.

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #21 of 50
You should consider asking him if he wants to put the matter before the mods.

Laz

Oct 14, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #22 of 50
But the mods have no say in this matter, I mean arbitration isn't warranted here, the trade was fair and is complete.

Clearly a case of trader's remorse you know, one minute 'your' headphones are gone and in the hands of some foreign party, and you similarly have but a foreign pair of headphones to listen to which are technically now yours.

This whole trading thing is a way of easily trying new headphones or slowly and less expensively working your way into the bigger more high-end cans. If you aren't comfortable with using someone else's headphones then just buy all your headphones new.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the mods have no say in this matter, I mean arbitration isn't warranted here, the trade was fair and is complete.

Clearly a case of trader's remorse you know, one minute 'your' headphones are gone and in the hands of some foreign party, and you similarly have but a foreign pair of headphones to listen to which are technically now yours.

This whole trading thing is a way of easily trying new headphones or slowly and less expensively working your way into the bigger more high-end cans. If you aren't comfortable with using someone else's headphones then just buy all your headphones new.

exactly, or give the pads a wash!

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked him for a reason and it has to do with the cosmetics, although he saw pics he says the "odor and hairs" are bothering him. I offered to get him new K701 pads. Can you install them yourself? I don't want him to be unhappy with the trade, but I also want to keep the 600's. I hope we can sort this out. In my last pm to him, I offered to pay for the replacement pads.

I really don't think that you have an obligation to do anythting above what you've done. I also don't think that you need to buy new pads for him. I also hope you leave appropriate feedback for this person.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #25 of 50
one thing to remember here is you are hearing one side of this. While this is not meant in a pointed way and the OP and they seem to be doing all they can to ensure the other parties satisfaction please remember that you have heard one side of this.

oh also examples like this transaction really point out that selling here can be a flakey experience, I've had more than my fair share.

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #26 of 50
<dbl post>

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #27 of 50
Well when I do a trade here or elsewhere I am hoping that we are both happy in the end, part of the fun is sharing the joy of this hobby. Well at least he seems negotiable, because he has asked for money for pads, etc as an option. I suggested he take them to a pro audio shop and have them cleaned and I will give him $50 for the inconvenience. I think that is reasonable. I don't want anybody to be dissatisfied if I can help it! I am not as interested in the headphones, as in having a positive experience with the trade. I would not want to be on the short end of the stick, so I wouldn't want that for the other party either.

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #28 of 50
Sounds reasonable I suppose. I still hope you post appropriate feedback.

Oct 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well when I do a trade here or elsewhere I am hoping that we are both happy in the end, part of the fun is sharing the joy of this hobby. Well at least he seems negotiable, because he has asked for money for pads, etc as an option. I suggested he take them to a pro audio shop and have them cleaned and I will give him $50 for the inconvenience. I think that is reasonable. I don't want anybody to be dissatisfied if I can help it! I am not as interested in the headphones, as in having a positive experience with the trade. I would not want to be on the short end of the stick, so I wouldn't want that for the other party either.

I think that is VERY generous of you considering this appears to be a bonafide trade. If he's worried about the pads, ALO sells the K701 pads for $38...

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 50
I would suggest him to simply pop off the pads (turn anti-clockwise), wash them in detergent water and leave to air-dry. Also wipe the rest of the headphone body with alcohol wipe. That will ensure a clean pair of phones and in fact that is what I do with all (used) headphones I receive. Offering to buy him a new pair of pads is IMO beyond your obligation.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back