after trading headphones...
Oct 15, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked him for a reason and it has to do with the cosmetics, although he saw pics he says the "odor and hairs" are bothering him. I offered to get him new K701 pads. Can you install them yourself? I don't want him to be unhappy with the trade, but I also want to keep the 600's. I hope we can sort this out. In my last pm to him, I offered to pay for the replacement pads.

If "odor and hairs" are his only excuse, then just send him some replacement pads to appease him. If in fact it was only a buyer's remorse excuse, tell him to post a WTT trade or sell them outright and buy another one. I've bought stuff I regretted, but I just sell it back on Ebay rather than bitch & moan.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #33 of 50
Unless the K701's condition was less than described and not something you could remedy with ease (missing adapter), I think the trade should stand.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #34 of 50
Well, If I'm in your position. I will ask him to pay both shipping since he's the problem in this case. It's not worth reasoning with him to make him happy. It's not that difficult to sell AKG 701 in this forum.

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #36 of 50
I just recently completed a trade with another head-fier and I was explicit upfront that I was offering a temporary trade. Unless stated as such, I think it should be assumed that the trade is permanent.

I also agree with Zorander, the guy could easily sell the K701s and have more than enough to pick up another pair of HD600s.

Personally, I think you made a helluva trade!! I'd give up K701s for HD600s everyday of the week.
icon10.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #37 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the mods have no say in this matter, I mean arbitration isn't warranted here, the trade was fair and is complete.

Clearly a case of trader's remorse you know, one minute 'your' headphones are gone and in the hands of some foreign party, and you similarly have but a foreign pair of headphones to listen to which are technically now yours.

This whole trading thing is a way of easily trying new headphones or slowly and less expensively working your way into the bigger more high-end cans. If you aren't comfortable with using someone else's headphones then just buy all your headphones new.

x2
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't think that you have an obligation to do anythting above what you've done. I also don't think that you need to buy new pads for him. I also hope you leave appropriate feedback for this person.

x2

Oct 15, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #38 of 50
This is an absolute croc, IMO. It's a used trade and he's expecting NIB condition. I can appreciate your desire to make this as smooth and pleasant a trade as possible, but if he saw all pics and they were truly representative of their actual condition, then what he is asking is unreasonable.

If it was a straight trade, then he got a hell of a deal. Let him deal with cleaning or replacing the pads.

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #40 of 50
I think you are going way out of your way to appease this guy. If odor and hairs are his/her only complaints, that is pretty weak in my book. Take a lint roller to the pads then spend 5 minutes cleaning the pads in Woolite and let air dry. I find it irritating that this person even contacted you to reverse the trade. You are being very generous to offer $50 to take care of this but IMO it isn't necessary. If you do send them the money they better give you awesome feedback!

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #41 of 50
Sure; there are always exceptions to most every rule, but when it comes to swaps without any prearranged conditions, I guess my vote goes with the "Swaps are Final" camp.

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #42 of 50
In my opinion you are free to make a counter-arrangement with the other person if it fits you. If you advertised the item correctly and offer to even do more than what you agree'd for originally there is NO reason for you to suffer the consequence of a remorseful buyer. You'd have to pay two times the shipping to get back to your original headphones.

The buyer didn't think this thoroughly and should learn from his mistake IMO. (I would also like to hear the other side of the story though!)

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #43 of 50
if you send him new pads imo you are only rewarding this kind of behavior, unless you misrepresented the pads you should just put this matter to rest already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back