After market power cable for headamp? Voodoo?
Feb 6, 2002 at 6:31 PM Post #16 of 18
My only real complaint about the absolute power cords are that they are only available in one length, 8 ft. I needed 2 foot cords for my ASL Waves. So I used hspital grade quals cut down to 2 feet and terminated with a Marinco IEC. In a direct head to head I preferred the quails. Sold the absolutes, had a sound I preferred and ended up with 90 more dollars in my pocket. Note that I am only claiming I preferred the sound and then only on the Waves at this time. I make no general claims as to the superiority of either cord. Just relating my humble experience.

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:23 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Current through any copper wire should be sufficient, even if it fluctuates A LOT, a good DC converter should be able to regulate this and provide a smooth flag flow of power to what ever.

Consider, Grasshopper, the difference in meaning between the words "should" and "does". What we think should be is not always what is.
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #18 of 18
Thanks, guys. One Absolute is on the way. $500 cords give me shivers, but a tenth of that for something better than the standard stuff from the computer store makes sense to me, esp. when you've listened with the same amp. I appreciate the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back