Aerial7 headphones?
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #16 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shoot, if those hot girls wear them, they are awesome!

lol I like your logic!
o2smile.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oooh These Denon DN-HP1000s look awesome! Buut, two things they look like a rip off of some ATH-PRO700s and no gold plated plug
frown.gif
However what's important is sound, so has anyone heard THESE?

Never heard those, but I would recommend to you the Denon D1001. You won't find anything better for the price, in my opinion. Denon makes excellent dynamic driver headphones (I wouldn't recommend their in-ear phones, though).

Sound quality is first and foremost. If you're worried about people laughing at you, why hang out with those types in the first place? They are obviously just immature and inexperienced.

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #19 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Closed portables for less than $100?

Relaxed and smooth : D1001
Detailed, spacious, and punchy : ES7

Newcommer: Fostex T50 new production. Haven't heard them myself, but the reviews by very well respected member have me wanting.

I don't own the ES7 but it is my current pick for my first headphones. Also I don't think they can get much more stylish than these. ES7 looks stylish and smart at the same time. No matter what age you are you would like the look of these.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

oooh These Denon DN-HP1000s look awesome! Buut, two things they look like a rip off of some ATH-PRO700s and no gold plated plug
frown.gif
However what's important is sound, so has anyone heard THESE?

I can tell you right now the HP1000's were possibly the most uncomfortable phones I have ever had the displeasure of putting on. On top of that, everything was recessed except the bass which had volume but it was very boomy. Rumbling but never hitting. IMHO, look elsewhere.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't own the ES7 but it is my current pick for my first headphones. Also I don't think they can get much more stylish than these. ES7 looks stylish and smart at the same time. No matter what age you are you would like the look of these.

I don't find them stylish. Not even one bit. And by not even one bit I mean I don't like them even if they were for free... They remind me of skullcrappy headphones. About SQ I don't know as I have not heard them, but as other members have said ther are already very good headphones in the market for ~$100

Apr 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewmeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, the only people you don't want laughing at your headphones are producers, and they will laugh at you for these, tell me you are not a DJ

lol no I'm not a DJ I just go for DJ headphones, because they generally have better bass response and look cooler. But mind you, style is not all I care about but it's preferred.
triportsad.gif
< lol I love this smiley it has nothing to do with what I said though.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't find them stylish. Not even one bit. And by not even one bit I mean I don't like them even if they were for free... They remind me of skullcrappy headphones. About SQ I don't know as I have not heard them, but as other members have said ther are already very good headphones in the market for ~$100

I don't understand the hate. You haven't even tried them. While I'm not defending Skullcandy, it bugs me when people hate on headphones they have not heard. If anything, they look like rebranded ATH-M50's, which people say are fantastic and are less than $100.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #26 of 64
Aerial7 makes good affordable products.. for the price I would almost say unbeatable.. way better than skullcandy..

Quote:

So, first I must say, that I am not a true audiophile as I do not purchase $1,000 + setups and what not, but I do appreciate good sound and I know any input here will be more valuable than Yahoo! answers.

Now, I really like the looks of Skullcandy headphones, but they're overpriced, sound quality is mediocre at best, and they break within two days. But I recently found These Aerial7.com - The Artistry of Sound they are very stylish, and the specs look good (although you can't go by specs alone). Anywhoodles, Has anyone heard these headphones(specifically the "Tank")? Are they good? and if not, what are some stylish headphones under $100(yes, I am a cheap person) that I would most likely be happy with?

One more thing, I am a sucker for bass, and would like some headphones with wonderful bass response, but without sacrificing overall sound quality.

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentsAuthentik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aerial7 makes good affordable products.. for the price I would almost say unbeatable..

Better than my K271s for $60? Maybe, but since they look to be oems, probably not. The HTX7s/Choppers (same 'phone, different brand) are said to be uber bassy and they are about half the Chopper's price and the Tanks look to be oem'd M50s, which are said to be good, but the Tanks probably use different (most likely worse) drivers since they are about $20 than M50s.

way better than skullcandy..

Not that hard to do...

Sorry, I'm a bit cranky today.

Jun 10, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #29 of 64
Anyone knows anything new about those Aerial 7 Headphones yet? Particularly the Tanks?

I am thinking about buying these. I have been buying Sennheiser ever since I started listening to music more closely and sort of got stuck with the PXC 150s and 250s for the last two years and feel it's time for a change.

So anything on the sound quality or noise canceling (airplane use and stuff)?

I found a test here, but don't know how legit BPM Magazine is, and was a little baffled by all the headphones they tested being super ****ing awesome:
BPM Magazine -- Music: Tech: Life: Style - » News Archive » Headphone Test
icon10.gif

It got a 4.5 in sound quality but almost all headphones got that there...
So... any voices?

Thanks,

Mo.

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo9er /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone knows anything new about those Aerial 7 Headphones yet? Particularly the Tanks?

I am thinking about buying these. I have been buying Sennheiser ever since I started listening to music more closely and sort of got stuck with the PXC 150s and 250s for the last two years and feel it's time for a change.

So anything on the sound quality or noise canceling (airplane use and stuff)?

I found a test here, but don't know how legit BPM Magazine is, and was a little baffled by all the headphones they tested being super ****ing awesome:
BPM Magazine -- Music: Tech: Life: Style - » News Archive » Headphone Test
icon10.gif

It got a 4.5 in sound quality but almost all headphones got that there...
So... any voices?

Thanks,

Mo.

Looks like a pile of BS to me to tell you the truth.

Just go get some KSC 75s. Chances are you will get better SQ out of those even if you don't mod them and for 15$ish USD, you don't really have an excuse not to get them.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back