Aeon 2 Closed - Amp/Dac recommendation?
Dec 5, 2019 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sfviahouston

100+ Head-Fier
I have the new Aeon 2 closed being delivered next week and looking for some guidance on Dac/amp. My primary objective is getting enough power to the headphones to allow for optimal sound.

I’m planning to use my iPhone/iPad as the source (Spotify/LivePhish). I can go either way between a desktop or portable Dac/amp. The less cables the better so if Bluetooth connection is available from amp that would be swell.

thanks in advance

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 7
Sorry but optimal sound and Bluetooth are not the same for me.

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 7
Congrats to the AEON 2!
Maybe take a look at the Chord Mojo.
Unique design and technology, it's highly acclaimed, has been sold over 100.000 times and is used by music lovers and producers.
It pair well with the iPhone or iPAd via the Meenova cables
It's small and powerful, amazing, natural, detailed and smooth sound.

Weaknesses are the form factor that make stacking difficult, actually not really feasible, and the fact that the battery should be handled with a little care (no continuos charging) for best life time.

BTW, the developer of the Mojo, Rob Watts, chose the AEON closed (1) as his preferred HP for mobile use.

Dec 8, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 7
You should note the Chord Mojo doesn't have analog in and is really a DACAMP but cannot be used as a standalone amp. You're gonna need USB OTG and I have no idea if it there is something like for iSomething. If you feel like spending money you could get the wireless piece that goes with the Mojo. I forgot what they call it but maybe it would help if you want wireless or bluetooth.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 7
Nice, those got a lot of praise on here. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back