advice on iem for rock/metal
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

bigdan89

New Head-Fier
alright after countless hours reading a bunch of threads and articles i decided to join and ask for further assistance  im looking for some good iems in the 120ish range that will do well with classic rock,metal and all its genres and some rap and hip hop.ive read that the   heje900k were a good choice but there are no longer being old  and ive read mixed review on the shure se115s and the lower end UEs so im confused i came from a set of shure e2s that lasted 4 years till last week . thanks 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Dec 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 36
You could wait around for the newer version of the Fischer Audio Silver bullets, great sound  stage, lush midrange which is just right, excellent bass and detail in the treble. I listen to metal and rock too and they are fantastic. The only problem is the cable is flimsy but version 2 is supposed to improve on this. It's only $81 too

Dec 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 36
the problem with that is this is my Christmas gift lol and i need to let my uncle know so he can order them , so far i read the IE 6 are pretty good for the price but would they work well with rock metal and some hip hop ? or if the IE7 better for that ? if anybody could help i would appreciate it as I'm a noob to this.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 36
Did you like your Shures with rock and metal? In my experience IEMs with forward mids sound awesome with guitar driven rock. Zakk Wyldes guitars sound great on Shures. I've had the e2c's and the se420's. I would think you can't go wrong with a new Shure in your price range.

However I've read a lot of good reviews on the Klipsch Custom 3. Many here report they have sweet mids and bass. Also several have said the Soundmagic pl50's have Shure like mids. They are $55 on mp4nation. I have the pl30's and they are really good budget IEMs. The most comfortable I've worn. Maybe you can get some headfiers to tell you more about the Custom 3's and pl50's.

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #9 of 36
ive read up on the custom 3s and no luck on how would they sound on rock and such wish someone would chime in about it as on amazon there going for 109 and free shipping o.o my shure e2s work great on what i listen to the end the left side cutted in and out and then no sound at all so i got my use out of them for 4 years lol

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 36
Rather than stress out about it just buy a pair, if you don't like em sell and try something else 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 36
The Customs are really good.

If you decide to get them, go right to the sellers website. They are $99 there with free shipping.

http://www.adorama.com/KLIPC3H.html

I personally haven't heard anything as good with metal/rock at the HJE900's.

I did find this

http://www.videodirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RPHJE900K&Category_Code=PANERPHNS

I don't have any info on the store. But, this may be the last place on earth to get them for this low.

Dec 19, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #15 of 36
Hello,

I have the ie6's and don't find them very well suited for rock music. I couldn't offer an alternative as I havent tried anything elsept the klipsch x10's but they're not in the same price range. I would definitely try find an alternative to the ie6's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back