Advice needed on some IEM's
Nov 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Icicle666

New Head-Fier
Hey all :)

I am busy searching for a decently priced set of IEM's that will last me and fit what I need from them ...

I will be using them to listen to music (Everything from classic/jazz to rock/metal and even dubstep) and watching movies ... ... I will also be using them for gaming as I won't be getting a new pair of gaming headphones till mid next year.

Now that you know how versatile I need them to be ... Here is a list of IEM's (no particular order) that I saw on Amazon that caught my interest and are all (with a stretch) in my budget.

Yamaha EPH-100SL

JVC Victor In-ear Stereo Headphones | HA-FXT90 (Japanese Import)

MEElectronics A161P

Thinksound ms01

Which would you say would be best for what I need. (can you rank them in best to worst and maybe give other suggestions).

Regards.

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 4
I read a bunch of reviews that said the shure215's have cable problems and are uncomfortable especially if you aren't used to over ear configurations ... ... How true is that ?

How do the shure's compare to the IEM's that I listed

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 4
  Hey all :)

I am busy searching for a decently priced set of IEM's that will last me and fit what I need from them ...

I will be using them to listen to music (Everything from classic/jazz to rock/metal and even dubstep) and watching movies ... ... I will also be using them for gaming as I won't be getting a new pair of gaming headphones till mid next year.

Now that you know how versatile I need them to be ... Here is a list of IEM's (no particular order) that I saw on Amazon that caught my interest and are all (with a stretch) in my budget.

Yamaha EPH-100SL

JVC Victor In-ear Stereo Headphones | HA-FXT90 (Japanese Import)

MEElectronics A161P

Thinksound ms01

Which would you say would be best for what I need. (can you rank them in best to worst and maybe give other suggestions).

Regards.

I've owned a great number of those iem's, and I would say for heavy music, especially heavy bass music, you need to stay clear of the Shure's and the A161P's. They simply don't have the sub bass extension at all. The Thinksounds are pretty bassy, as are the FXT90's and the Yamaha's. The Yamaha's are quite similar to the FXT90's, except that the 90's have a tad more detail and are more aggressive in the mids. So if I was you, I'd think about either the 90's or the Thinksounds, or if you have the patience, you might even want to consider the Vsonic VSD1S. These are so damned good at almost any genre, and can extend in bass when needed. They are smoother than the 90's, with the 90's being my #1 metal/rock/hip hop iem simply because they have better bass extension, and i can tolerate the aggressive mids for that sublime timbre and detail. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back