Advice needed on a decent portable.
Oct 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

volume

Banned user who had re-registered.
I would like to start this thread by saying,I have used the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II as a portable while commuting,nice but not awesome.

I use the RE0's at the gym and they clearly have more detail retrieval but the bass is rolled off.

I want a cheap decent pair of headphones that are very detailed like the K701's and sounding close to full sized headphones,would like them to be neutral as will be using them with a  iBasso D4.

I have come across some like the K240 or the K171,nothing else.

Would appreciate input from experience,may be there isn't any and I'am fine with that.

But just curious to know if there is any.

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #11 of 32
Feeling frustrated by the lack of support/help you've received thus far? Me too; I posed a similar question recently and got next to nowhere. Actually I did buy something someone recommended and it was a horrible decision. I have the K240s and they're wonderful but not what you're looking for as far as portable goes. Try the usual cheap suspects in a store: Koss PortaPro, AKG K420, maybe even the Denon D1001/Creative Aurvana Live but if you really need closed for sound leakage you'll have to go elsewhere again. Sorry I cannot really be much help...I do know how tiresome this all can be sometimes. More than once I've considered removing myself from Head-fi altogether....Good luck. Don

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 32
I did think of something else after re-reading your query: the Shure SRH440s are good, the SHR840 are a bit better and the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are magnificent. Depends on your tastes. There probably isn't much that'll come close to the K701s in detail though.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
I did think of something else after re-reading your query: the Shure SRH440s are good, the SHR840 are a bit better and the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are magnificent. Depends on your tastes. There probably isn't much that'll come close to the K701s in detail though.

Thanks for your post,I'am looking at the K271.

Could surpass the M50's

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #14 of 32
Hi,

I've always heard decent things about Sennheiser headphones so might be worth a look. Off the top of my head the PX 200 II, PXC250 II and HD238 should be of interest. There's also the Shure SRH240 headphones; which should be a bit more neutral.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #15 of 32
Personally, I think it's a bit hard to find a pair of non-IEM phones that are better than the HD 25-1 IIs within your price range, and portable. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back