Advice/Decisions decisions on (low priced) headphones
Dec 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jingles

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing through these and other forums quite a bit and have not been able to decide on a suitable pair of headphones for under $50.
I don't know what i'm doing so you'll have to bear with me, but two phones that i've found decent are the JVC HA-S700 (like, $30 shipped) and the JVC HA-RX700 (around 40$). I know these are nothing special at all, and I don't expect much with my current garbage sound setup, but it's a start.
I have seen few problems with the HA-S700 and it seems to be of an ordinary size, however the HA-RX700 look huge, not that it matters too much, but I have heard that they get very hot. Honestly, I can't even imagine the feeling of hot headphones, but if this is a problem after 10 minutes of use this is going to be a rough ride.
If anyone has any suggestions to what i should get (any brand or whatoover) or perhaps their opinion between these two please do say.

I'm into a fair share of gaming and listen to a lot of different types of music, occasionally dubstep/dnb and more or less vocals and rock and this or that.
Thanks.

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi. Thanks. Sorry for the late response but,
i really don't have any special equipment for them, but i'll be using them with an mp3 and my computer, which currently has onboard audio because i'm trying to figure out whether or not my sound card is actually dead. i might eventually buy a decent sound card off of newegg though, maybe a creative or asus xonar but that's a different story.

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 6
Do you see any or find problems with any of the things i mentioned regarding the RX700?
I see that the DHP-II are extremely delicate and break easily, I should've took the RX when they were $30 shipped on newegg.

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 6
So far Head-Fiers are claiming no problem with the DHP-II breaking. However, I suggest handling it from the top of the headband instead of closer to the ear cups - to minimize a chance of breaking. The DHP-II seems like a very good deal for ~$40 and likely would produce a sound from your equipment that you would enjoy. I haven't bought one of these - yet.

I'm sure some enjoy their stock RX700 from equipment like yours. It surely would not sound as clear as the DHP-II. I use a Prodigy HD2 sound card, and I easily prefer my crazy modded RX700 to my stock RX700.

Quote:
Do you see any or find problems with any of the things i mentioned regarding the RX700?
I see that the DHP-II are extremely delicate and break easily, I should've took the RX when they were $30 shipped on newegg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back